retrospec dash?

Larryz 260

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I ordered a fiberglass dashboard and rear hatch from RetroSpec three weeks ago. I will post up a review with pictures when I get my parts, but I was told the hatch would take 6 weeks.

I'm not worried, but I do wish they would respond to my email quicker. I emailed a few days ago asking for an update but no response yet. I'm not expecting lightning quick turnaround, but response to email should be next day, IMO.

I like the way that looks. It seems that the top is done with something and I like it. Any details on how much and do they make it for a 260/280?

According to their Facebook page they flocked the top of the dash. They said prices start at $900 and goes up from there. I'm not sure if they make a 280z version of this dash but I would need the 280z version as well. One of the main issues I have with the Retro Spec dash is the possibility of glare coming off of it while you're driving. 

Oh wow, I can't believe I've missed this conversation until now.

I am one of the fabricators at Palm Composites.

And wow, thank you for the kind words..  Your satisfaction is our number one priority, if there is anything further we can do for you, let me know.

Now to address a couple points mentioned in previous posts.

-In regards to the dash....It's not available on the site, because it isn't as simple as "click, pay, we ship you product." A dash project would require some consultation, and core charges/exchanges before we could do anything. It's quite the undertaking.

That's why it isn't listed as a purchasable product - it isn't quite that simple. It's more of a "job" than a "product".

Basically, if you want what's pictured, you'd have to send us your OEM dash frame and we will install our carbon skin and flock the dash for you.

- Since I own a 240z, that is where we get the majority of our donor parts to make plugs from. So this is why we mostly specialize in 240 products. At this time, we can't justify developing a 260/280 dash.

Please feel free to PM me here if you have any questions.

However, I'd ask that any serious/formal inquiries please go through either the Shop Website: PalmComposites.com or our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/palmcomposites/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

You can see each and every part I've developed in my build thread. "Luna, the cause of, and solution to, all of my problems."

I bought the entire front end from Retro Spec and they make quality stuff however the turn around time is measured in months not weeks. 

Looks good, how close/good is the fitment?

How much do they weigh? or they lighter than stock?

Looks good, how close/good is the fitment?

How much do they weigh? or they lighter than stock?

I haven't bolted anything on yet because the engine bay needs to be painted. The parts are a good bit lighter but I haven't weighed them compared to the stock panels.

Arif, I'm glad to hear about your quality Retro-spec parts. I have emailed and Facebook messaged them and still no response.

I have an agreement with my sponsors to provide them with bi-monthly updates and it's becoming difficult to do. I will continue to wait patiently.

Arif, I'm glad to hear about your quality Retro-spec parts. I have emailed and Facebook messaged them and still no response.

I have an agreement with my sponsors to provide them with bi-monthly updates and it's becoming difficult to do. I will continue to wait patiently.

Try messaging Paulo Cesar Sierra on facebook. He's the owner of Retro Spec.