HybridZ

Aluminum panel with gauges to replace plastic panel with heater

Back in 2002 a member "Brad" posted CAD or other file type with the dimensions of an aluminum panel to replace the stock plastic inset that contains a courtesy light, heater controls, and center vent.  His panel had a number of variations including all gauge, radio, and heater control cutouts.

Are there any old timers here that downloaded and buried that file for future reference and would be willing to share it with me.

Failing the file, does any one have contacts with  "Brad", the original poster.  I belief the file contained the following information... logos perhaps.  "Omniglass" "Brad"  "240z Com".

Z

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Where in southern CA are you ?  I'm in Long Beach now, and you can scan mine.  I bought two from Brad a decade or more ago.  Sold one to a neighbor, and have one sitting on my dining room table awaiting install.

I haven't been on this site in a LONG time ... Life got in the way.  I don't even know if Messaging would work here for me, so use AldosPapa@me.com

I'd be interested in this too.  Right now, I'm looking at designing a panel that replaces the heater controls and radio with 3 2-5/8" gauges at the correct angle for proper viewing.  The problem is...I've been thinking about it for a LONG time 

• 2 weeks later...

I would be really interested in some kind of schematics/dimesions of this too... I was planning on fabricating only a piece up to the heater controls, but if there are ready dimensions available it would make the work way easier.

• 4 weeks later...

It's an 3D printed ABS panel made for SpeedHut 2-5/8 revolution gauges (as shown).  I took lots of measurements, modeled it up, printed it at a local print shop then cut out a matching hole in the stock panel.  It'll eventually get bonded in place and painted when I'm happy with it.  It probably needs tweaking again before I make it permanent.  I made another panel to adapt the Vintage Air controls to the console opening where the choke light, antenna and rear defrost used to be - none of which work in my car anyway.  

gallery_3218_1654_96207.jpg

Edited by rossman