HybridZ

Should I get a Viper

_Donovan_

So, I am a salesman at a Chrysler dealership. We have a 2013 Viper GTS in black that could get for under $70k, new with about 50 or so miles. The dealership definitely wants to get rid of it and I have starred at it for too long. Already talked to insurance and finance as well. The payments are doable and decent for what it is. Problem is of course my girl would probably be upset and I still haven't finished my Datsun build, just do to lack of time to work on it. IDK, I guess I am going through some mid life crisis non sense and getting impatient over my build. Also the price for what it is makes me feel like this is a once in lifetime kind of thing.  I have an older BMW 535 that I would be up in the air about selling as well. I guess I am just ranting in a way but really, is this a deal I should jump on?

I think those are going for about 75-80K right now.  I know most I've looked at have more miles but I think for 70K I would consider it a "10 percent discount".  If your financing fees and interest are included and gets you under 70K I think it's reasonable!  I like the looks of the car, but there are others out there making more power.  

Don't do it.  You will regret spending over $70K on a car that will be worth $20 when the payments are done.  Take that "doable" monthly payment and put it in the bank.

FYI... I've worked on Vipers and was crew on the Viper GTSR that came in 7th overall at the 2000 Rolex 24 at Daytona.  

Don't do it. You will regret spending over $70K on a car that will be worth $20 when the payments are done. Take that "doable" monthly payment and put it in the bank...

Then take a portion of the money from the bank and spend it on making the Z faster than a Viper! Win-win.

Don't do it.  You will regret spending over $70K on a car that will be worth $20 when the payments are done.  Take that "doable" monthly payment and put it in the bank.

FYI... I've worked on Vipers and was crew on the Viper GTSR that came in 7th overall at the 2000 Rolex 24 at Daytona.  

Better than the BMW I have. 

I don't know, I guess sometimes being around these cars all day makes me want them. Also it is sort of a lifetime deal in my opinion. Really the only thing holding me up is the thought of getting out of it when I get bored with it. More like when I realize I shouldn't have a Viper. They just don't sell well, I believe more people just go with a Corvette if they want a car like that. I can understand that completely but I see Corvettes almost every day, I have seen about 3 Vipers my whole life on the road. Something just BAD A$$ about that. Same with the Datsun, it is not really a car you see every day, feels like it is exclusive. 

Edited by _Donovan_

Gallardo would be my choice for an up and coming collector Supercar.  Good cars are selling for $75K to $100K and they are the first Audi designed Lambo.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamborghini-Gallardo-Base-Coupe-2-Door-/182072070219

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamborghini-Gallardo-/252336045483

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lamborghini-Gallardo-Superleggera-/351686819204

You could sell your project cars and get a built Z from here or elsewhere. It's much cheaper buying someone's finished work and it still would be significantly less than that viper. Much cheaper to insure too. Reminds me of this thread from a year ago, an incredible deal.

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/119982-2jz-overkill-z-for-sale-35k-obo/

SELL MY CARS???? NEVER. LOL. 

IDK, maybe you are all right, shouldn't get this. I am thinking if I get this then my project would never get worked on and eventually sold for next to nothing. My real goal is the Datsun, went overseas just to fund it. Viper has been that B.A. dream car since I was a kid though. I guess I got all giddy when the opportunity came up. 

Wow, Gallardos are cheap. Meh. Plebe Lambo. Diablos were getting kind of cheap about 8 years ago, but seem to be going up again. Dammit, just when I start making money they move ahead.

True story: I used to live next to (like 3 mins away) from a old, captain morgan bearded guy who owed a purple Diablo (pre-SV, not a Jota). I saw him driving it maybe once or twice. Mainly I saw some mexican dude working on it in his driveway. I ran into him at the grocery store and asked him about it. Said it was non-working more often than not. Then asked if my GF (now wife) was my sister or my gf. We were like 1/3 his age.

Never felt like talking to him after that.