HybridZ

FiTech EFI

So i put a new Fitech EFI on my 71z, So far i love it, I don't miss my carb at all. Install was easy only took one day, hardest part being the o2 sensor install. I have a scarab swap kit, So i was a little tight on space. JTR kit will be an easier install i would think with motor pushed back more then the scarab kit, giving you more room to mount the fuel commander. Paid $1300 bucks for everything, a pretty sweet deal in my opinion.

post-49680-0-62233600-1460053975_thumb.jpg

post-49680-0-41321100-1460054018_thumb.jpg

I love the ease and simplicity of FiTech units....not to mention they are significantly cheaper than the competition.  After doing 2 megasquirt builds, I'll be going FiTech for anything EFI N/A and seriously considering them for boosted applications as well.

• 5 months later...

Where did you run the vent line from the fuel command center ?

I have the same set up as you on my L6 and it works awesome but am having venting problems. I ran my vent T'd into the gas tank vent which runs to the front left fender area and it is sucking in raw fuel into the PCV system.

Looks like you may have run the vent line into the stock fuel return line ?

• 3 weeks later...

I love the ease and simplicity of FiTech units....not to mention they are significantly cheaper than the competition.  After doing 2 megasquirt builds, I'll be going FiTech for anything EFI N/A and seriously considering them for boosted applications as well.

Just installed the fi tech power adder (boosted version) and it works great for my build, runs on the first crank. I'm running a vortech v3 supercharger on a 327. It's really crazy how smart the set up is and how easy it is, definitely will use Fitech in the future.