HybridZ

L26 conversion to fi with a turbo.

I know there has been some posts on the topic but most of them are jumbled up with arguments and confusion. I guess i can say i searched and i am still confused, or stupid.  But what would good setup be with the l26? i know i need a head, tank, pump, efi system, ignition system, and the ecu.  what would i really need? What head? What sensors am i going to need, what are my options on the maf/afm? Im really looking for a list (long or short) of what  the most efficient and boost friendly parts would be.  And i would like to run 10-16psi. 

Thanks for the help! :D 

Edited by Dawtson

I know there has been some posts on the topic but most of them are jumbled up with arguments and confusion. I guess i can say i searched and i am still confused, or stupid. But what would good setup be with the l26? i know i need a head, tank, pump, efi system, ignition system, and the ecu. what would i really need? What head? What sensors am i going to need, what are my options on the maf/afm? Im really looking for a list (long or short) of what the most efficient and boost friendly parts would be. And i would like to run 10-16psi.

Thanks for the help! :D

The long of the short of it is that you might as well just get an L28et and put that in, especially if you want to run that much boost. Over 10psi on an N/A (high compression) L block is very prone to detonation, you might find an OK combination but you'd still be better off just swapping in an L28et. Personally I've been looking into doing a blow-through setup on my N/A L28 and will be surprised if I am able to run 10psi safely. Edited by luseboy

Ditto. Look at our build. Did the p90 head with z31 ecu. Then hurt the motor, rebuild with megasquirt.

We thought we had 8.9 to 1 but really closer to 9.1, so little agressive. Went back with thicker head gasket.

Good luck. The details are the devil or the devil is in the details.

Have fun.

I ran 13 psi of boost with an 83 N/A engine that i added turbo parts to, Flat top piston engine. With a late model 260Z, Had that setup for 7 years before going N/A 2J Turbo. I ran stock boost with an n/a 83 ecu first, engine would fly through emissions. Then i added Megasquirt2, t3/t4 turbo and more boost. stock head gasket..

You can run more boost with a cylinder head that is properly ported and No Intercooler  Need an upgraded turbo. t3/t4 or t4.

Megasquirt 2, T3/t4 turbocharger, n42 non-egr intake, n/a throttle body, 450-460cc Mazda rx7 fuel injectors 240sx style tps for Megasquirt, Turbo Distributor, Bosch ignition module to provide spark, 280z Gas tank, 83 N/a 5spd, 3.70 Clutch pack lsd.

PM me if you have more questions.. :)