HybridZ

Comparison different valves quality

Looking for a set of new intake and exhaust valves for my 280z. Ambition is to buy stock size high quality, I'm however a bit confused which brand I should aim for.

Grateful for advice.

Edited by Ssaga

The problem is that the actual valve shaft is a bit worn,so I will replace all.

Question is ITM,DNJ or any other aftermarket brand

Are they out of spec.?  A used factory part might be better than a new aftermarket part.

You should change your title to reflect what you're looking for.  A comparison of quality between brands.

Rockauto has a couple of choices - http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nissan,1975,280z,2.8l+l6,1209204,engine,intake+valve,5544?a=Referer+www.google.com+URL+%2F

Also been inte ITM, however no real feedback so I´m a bit careful.

Seems that NOS Fuji Intake valves are available on EBay.

Harder to find Exhaust.

There is a set of Exhaust valves branded Dokura, anyone have experience in these?

• 1 month later...

Might have luck on eBay . I found old new stock Fuji valves pretty cheap. My machinist didn't like those SI valves . Something about the hardness not up to snuff

I guess we'll see how long they last... ;)

LOL, I think we have an answer!

Just came back from the Rebello. The #1 exhaust valve guide completely failed and the rest of the exhaust guides were on their way. Motor has about 1500 miles on it. Dave blames the valves and maybe the stem seals. Going with new Nissan exhaust valves, Supertech intake valves, and different stem seals. All of this reminded me of this thread.

Looks like you were right Steve!

Edited by Leon

Hate to hear you learned the hard way . I had some issues with that machinist himself -as far as running a business- but I think he knows what he's doing. He was so frustrated with those valves and refused to use them. Inferior quality in hardness. He said the valves wore funny on the stems and they cut weird too.

Might have luck on eBay . I found old new stock Fuji valves pretty cheap. My machinist didn't like those SI valves . Something about the hardness not up to snuff

I think I just found the same link. NOS Fugi 280Z Intake valves ( Set of 6 ) $30 + $10 for Expedited shipping!!

Hate to hear you learned the hard way . I had some issues with that machinist himself -as far as running a business- but I think he knows what he's doing. He was so frustrated with those valves and refused to use them. Inferior quality in hardness. He said the valves wore funny on the stems and they cut weird too.

That's part of the fun! :)

Good engine shops are hard to come by. I'm willing to pay for good work and am lucky to have Rebello an hour away.