HybridZ

1981 280zx b/a keeps blowing IGN fuse

I have a 1981 280zx that randomly started blowing the IGN fusible link. I replaced it with a fusible link circuit that holds a 30 amp fuse in the middle and that worked fine until about a couple of weeks ago.

One night I was coming home from work and the car stopped right in front of my driveway and no crank no start. Dashboard was lit up, head lights were on, markers were on, and so were the tail lights. But when you turned the key, the car was dead. My dad gave me the fusible link circuit I talked about above with a 30 amp fuse. That worked perfectly fine until the car kept blowing the fuse as soon as you attempt to start the vehicle. My dad is saying that is a short after the Ignition. Him and I are not good at wiring so I am on my own with this repair.

Any pointers? Anyone have this problem? Thank you!

That worked perfectly fine until the car kept blowing the fuse as soon as you attempt to start the vehicle. 

30 amps implies high current.  The only thing that draws that much in one shot, without blowing a smaller fuse, is the starter motor.  You could disconnect the battery cable from the starter lug, and run a nut and bolt through the lug to reconnect the power supply to everything else.  Turn the key to Start and see if the fuse blows.  If it doens't blow you've isolated the problem to the starter motor.

Advice based on "attempt to start" meaning turning the key to Start.