HybridZ

Gauge Options for 240Z Dash?

Dlirium

I've been reviewing the forum for a discussion on gauge options for the 3 openings in the dash. I see that SpeedHut seems to be a popular option, but mostly for the Speedo / Tach replacement.

I'm looking to replace the current (non-working) stock gauges with new ones (oil pressure, oil temp, water temp), and would like to see what others have done, both size and brand.

Mainly, is it the 2 1/16" that will fit or the 2 5/8" that is better? 

Appreciate any info and picts you can share!

Thanks - any one installed one or the other?  I have some 2 1/16 gauges that I could use if they'd fit...but not sure if I have to make some sort of adapter.  My guess is that the 60mm would look nicer and be a lot easier to read.

I installed speedhut gauges in my 1970.i used 4 inch and 2 5/8 inch sizes.i was able to fit all them in my original metal gauge pods with slight modifications.that way,they bolt up securely with the existing brackets in the dash and look quite original.i don,t think you can go wrong with speedhut considering they can be custom built for you and they have a  good warranty.also the gauges have stepper motors that sound cool when you turn the key on.

post-17945-0-74129900-1461800573_thumb.jpg

post-17945-0-29922400-1461800618_thumb.jpg

I installed speedhut gauges in my 1970.i used 4 inch and 2 5/8 inch sizes.i was able to fit all them in my original metal gauge pods with slight modifications.that way,they bolt up securely with the existing brackets in the dash and look quite original.i don,t think you can go wrong with speedhut considering they can be custom built for you and they have a  good warranty.also the gauges have stepper motors that sound cool when you turn the key on.

Brilliant, those look amazing!!  Quite a project pulling the entire dash out!!

• 2 weeks later...