HybridZ

Putting a 80-81 AFM into a 76 L28?

Hi Everyone, 

Is this possible - putting an 80-81 AFM on a 76 S30? Someone has stated that there will be fuel pump issues as there is no connection for the fuel pump on the AFM (or something like that)? 

Any assistance is greatly needed. Or if someone has an AFM for a '76, would be willing to trade for this?

Thanks, 

There is no connector to run the fuel pump on a 76,  but you can have the later model retrofitted to work. The later ones are aluminum housing which is nicer. Hopefully you have the mounting plate for it too because it won't fit the early plate. Contact https://www.fuelinjectioncorp.com/contact.php and tell them your situation. They can swap your circuit board and connector to an early model, calibrate, and test it. I think I paid $175 or something like that the one on my 76 rebuilt. If you don't have the mounting plate, maybe they will swap your AFM. The unbroken plastic cover is the most valuable piece on that because nobody is making them and there is a shortage. My experience with these Bosch AFM's is that they are all old and worn out. It isn't worth spending hours fiddling around with them trying to calibrate, adjust the wiper, etc. The car will never run as good as it would with a refurbished AFM and you could make twice the money or more just working at a regular job for that many hours without the headache.