HybridZ

New Rocker arms on Ebay

GeeZ

There is a reason for the price difference.  MSA is selling OEM Nissan rocker arms, whereas Northern is selling ITM brand.  The Nissan ones are likely superior in terms of metallurgy, and they are also NLA, so they command a premium when it comes to price. 

Good heads up though, could save some folks who are on a budget some money!  

(Edited to retract a misleading statement...)

Edited by ryant67

There is a reason for the price difference.  MSA is selling OEM Nissan rocker arms, whereas Northern is selling ITM brand.  The Nissan ones are FAR superior in terms of metallurgy, and they are also NLA, so they command a premium when it comes to price.  Cheaper rocker arms will wear quicker and potentially cause damage to the camshaft in the process.  

Good heads up though, could save some folks who are on a budget some money!  

I'm curious, do you have any examples of this?

Suspected I would get called on that statement.  I'm 95% sure I read it in a couple of threads on here, from reliable posters - but just to make sure I'm not talking out of my ass, I'll see if I can dig them up.  If not, I'll gladly retract, but there are reasons the OEM rockers are more desirable, no?

I'm currently running a mix of Sealed Power and Nissan rockers in my motor and frankly I can't say that one is much better quality than the other. Time will tell I suppose.

I don't have any experience with the ITM parts but I suspect they'll be fine given care is taken in setup and break-in.

• 2 weeks later...