HybridZ

"fuel injection dropping resistor," clicking

Hello, I am new to the forums. Never been one for using forums, but I finally had to join since no info for this came up after vigorous searching. I have this relay or resistor that clicks very sparatically even when the car is off. It eventually drains my batter if not started for a few weeks. It's in the passenger footwell. Waayyy up at the very top of all that mess. I can see the numbers "504," imprinted on it. Anybody ever had to deal with this guy or knows exactly what this does? And furthermore, should I be worried? Btw, my z (1975) is running rough. Idles @1300 and jumps 200 rpm's in both directions. Really hoping this relay has somthing to do with it. Thank you ahead of time:)

The injector dropping resistors are not located in the passenger foot-well. They are in the engine compartment on the drivers side, hidden behind the W/Washer bottle and snuggled up against the firewall. They have nothing in them that will " Click" and they rarely fail.

Remove the relay that is sporadically clicking and have a close look at it. There should be a 10 digit Nissan part number on it. Post up the part number, then we can cross reference it and tell you what it is.