HybridZ

turbo rebuild kits. need some advice on a good kit

Alright so forever ago I got lucky and got ahold of a cartech holley 4 barrel turbo system for the l series. Finally after getting some other parts together Id like to get around to install it and make things work but of course want to do things right. Now the turbo isnt bad. Dosent have any wiggle play or crap to it but it has a hard time spinning freely. Im going to pull it apart. Clean some of the crap thats been sitting in it and freshen it up so it can be ready for some reliable run time. Anyone know a good kit for this rayjay t3/t4 turbo to fix it up some? Not to concerned on price. Focused on quality and manufacturers customer service if I have problems. Thanks!

If price is no concern, do it correctly and send it to a place that can either VSR balance it or 3D plane balance it. DIY is great and all but doing it yourself and then expecting it to operate consistently at 125,000 rpm while imbalanced is slightly detrimental to the lifespan of the turbo. You can mark stuff all you want but you cant account for the new oil slingers being different than the old. Just because components are balanced does not mean the chra is balanced as a whole. (I work for a turbo company and am in no way promoting us, just trying to help) 

That's what I'm also starting to think also. Some are listing prices for around a couple hundred give or take and go through everything you mentioned. My only other issue is if they will work on mine or not..it's a but different than others but still makes boost the same way. Lol

• 7 months later...