HybridZ

Will 15x10, 5.5 inch backspace, and 0 offset fit rears of 280zx?

Basically title. Yes I have been researching but not with all of those 3 specs matching. Just want to get a more definite answer. My 280zx is all stock on suspension as far as I know. I may get new struts since I am sure they are shot due to the squats I get from acceleration.

Thanks in advance

A 15x10 wheel is actually 11 inches wide measured at the outer edges of the rim.  The lip of the rim is about 1/2 inch on each side.  So yes, a 15x10 wheel with 5.5 inch backspace will have a zero offset.

I have no idea if they will fit on the back of a 280ZX, but they would fit on the back of my 260Z.  I have sectioned struts with coilovers and a Subtle Z body kit.  I currently run 15x10 on all four corners of the car with 5.25 inch backspace.  On the front I run an 1/8" spacer, but no spacer in the rear.   The wheel and tire clear my rear struts by about a 5/16 inch.

A 15x10 wheel is actually 11 inches wide measured at the outer edges of the rim.  The lip of the rim is about 1/2 inch on each side.  So yes, a 15x10 wheel with 5.5 inch backspace will have a zero offset.

I have no idea if they will fit on the back of a 280ZX, but they would fit on the back of my 260Z.  I have sectioned struts with coilovers and a Subtle Z body kit.  I currently run 15x10 on all four corners of the car with 5.25 inch backspace.  On the front I run an 1/8" spacer, but no spacer in the rear.   The wheel and tire clear my rear struts by about a 5/16 inch.

Very useful info!  What tires do you run, and what brand of wheels?

The wheels were made by Spin Werkes (Series 82), and were made custom to my specifications.  They wheels are light, good quality, and were very reasonably priced when I had them made in 2008.  Unfortunately the company has changed ownership, and I don't know if the wheels are still available or manufactured to the same standard.

I only use the car for autocross and track days.  The tires I have used on these wheels are Hoosier 275/35-15, Hoosier 23x9.5-15 (FA Slicks), Avon 10.5x23.0-15 bias ply slicks, and now I am trying Avon 240/600-15 radial slicks.

I can't think of any street tires that would fit these wheels without looking goofy.