HybridZ

240z sway bar clearance

Just installed a suspension techniques swaybar on my car and noticed some clearance issues with the front frame rail. Looks like the bar will contact the seam when the suspension compresses. Is this a problem with the sway bar or do I need bump steer spacers to move my c arms down?

post-45606-0-31931000-1467056982_thumb.jpg

post-45606-0-72216500-1467057013_thumb.jpg

Edited by MaritimeRiceburn

Likely no problem with your bar.  Some easy solutions you can consider are flat spacers between the bushings and your frame rails or try playing with the length of your end links....either one might solve your clearance problems.  Good luck with it.

Likely no problem with your bar.  Some easy solutions you can consider are flat spacers between the bushings and your frame rails or try playing with the length of your end links....either one might solve your clearance problems.  Good luck with it.

As he said...can play with end link length. I ran a Die down my end link to extend the threads, then cut the spacer down about 1" i think.

Just make some spacers to separate the bar from the frame 3/8". You can even use a little piece of oak. Put the spacer between the frame and the bar and use longer metric bolts to secure it. Somewhere years ago I found sway bar bushing kit that had thicker rubber that pushed my bar away from the frame. I would take some pictures for you, but my car is in fab-shop-purgatory. If I get it home this week, I will shoot you a few pics. Feel free to PM me as a reminder. The spacer bushings are the ticket-I still run stock links. Then we gotta figure out where I found them... But I ran little pieces of wood for years.