HybridZ

WTB A Jz swapped Z or RB25DET

ramott

Hey I'm not trying to burst your bubble, but I think you budget is not realistic. I would not personally let my car go for anything under $30 grand, and even then I would have to seriously think about it. Just to give you a point of reference. This is a link to a stock z http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-Z-Series-/122034583640?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1c69d3f858:g:l6EAAOSweWVXeQxR&item=122034583640 its buy now price is $36 grand.  

A 2jzgte with manual transmission is almost 10 grand.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-94-98-Toyota-Supra-2JZ-GTE-Twin-Turbo-Engine-6-Speed-Getrag-Transmission-BOX-/141951601218?hash=item210cf98a42:g:g9AAAOSwWBJXBXa-&vxp=mtr

I wish you the Best of luck finding your car!

EDIT:

Just to add, here is a link to Hagerty values for the 240Z. I realize its for a stock Z but gives you a point of reference.

https://www.hagerty.ca/apps/valuationtools/1973-Datsun-240Z

The following are for 1973s:

Concurs  $64,000

Excellent $41000

Good $20,000

Fair $9000

Edited by jessejames

I just finished my 1978 Datsun 1jz 280z swap. She is purring like a kitten. Running 335hp at the wheels with 12 psi.  Mechanical is done, just requires paint. I am just over the border from you in Vancouver, I did pick up the car originally from Everett area. It was a california car.

Message me if you are interested.

• 5 months later...

Yes I am selling my nearly complete 1972 Datsun 240z race car or drift car project. Engine (approximately 600 Hp) is a fully built sr20 Det s14 with Tomei 2.2 stroker kit as well Tomei valve train upgrade to 9000 rpm, ikea formula Independent throttle bodies, Garrett GT 35 R ball bearing turbo, titanium bored out sleeves, balanced and blueprinted engine, 5 way ported and polished heads matched to intake and exhaust manifold , IMSA wide body fiberglass body and Doors,hood , rear hatch, Arizona Z Car custom suspension, GForce dog engagement 5 spd BorgWarner T5 gearbox, 5.5 inch triple disc clutch And race flywheel, R200 3.9 to 1 Nismo LSD race differential, full custom roll cage and seam welded chassis, 16 x 12 extreme lightweight race wheels 2 sets with Goodyear racing slicks , complete Wilwood braking system 6 piston front and 4 piston rear calipers and master cylinders and pedals set. Complete fire suppression system. Corbeau racing seats and schroth 6 point harness. Fuel safe 18 gallon fuel cell in spare tire well. Email me for more pictures and questions. Over $75K invested new house purchase forces sale will sacrifice for only US$ 25,000 email Kidpalce@gmail.com

• 1 year later...