HybridZ

Low impedance, 400-ish CC barbed injectors

Gillez

My Electromotive TECII has finally died in my 280ZX turbo powered 260Z, and I'll be replacing it with an Adaptronic system.

Along with the ECU, I'll be switching to low impedance injectors, more than likely with o-rings, so I'll be needing a new fuel rail (I've already emailed Pallnet about one of those).

I'm currently running an old JSK innovations fuel rail that I really like the look of.  Could I keep my current fuel rail and buy some new, low-impedance injectors with barbed connectors?  Something in the 400-450cc range would do.  Is there such a thing out there?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

For a long time, I used 450cc DSM o-ring injectors with the plastic away and fuel line stuffed over the o-ring holder. It's possible you could do the same thing with other injectors. If you do decide to get an o-ring rail in the future, they will still work with it as well.

Here's a collection of information.  Low impedance is old technology though so the choices are limited.  If you're using dropping resistors you could remove them and go with high impedance.  Some people use high impedance with the dropping resistors anyway, even with the stock 280Z EFI system.  I have.  It ran fine but I think I may have had current issues during starting (wouldn't start on cold days, but my battery is weak also) so I removed the resistors.  Do you know the specs on the Adaptronic system?  Maybe you don't need low impedance.

http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm 

My Electromotive TECII has finally died in my 280ZX turbo powered 260Z, and I'll be replacing it with an Adaptronic system.

Along with the ECU, I'll be switching to low impedance injectors, more than likely with o-rings, so I'll be needing a new fuel rail (I've already emailed Pallnet about one of those).

I'm currently running an old JSK innovations fuel rail that I really like the look of.  Could I keep my current fuel rail and buy some new, low-impedance injectors with barbed connectors?  Something in the 400-450cc range would do.  Is there such a thing out there?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Only about a Bazillion of the things. ( low impedance injectors ) RC Injection is just one source. They also carry Hi-impedance injectors.

https://www.rceng.com/Peak-Hold-Fuel-Injectors-C5.aspx

Motorman is a very good source for new and re-furbished Injectors. E-Mail them for a recommendation.

http://www.fuelinjector.citymaker.com/web_page.html

Edited by Chickenman

BTW, I have 4 re-built RC SL4-0440 ( 440cc Hi Impedance ) injectors that I'm willing to sell. Bought these for my Audi when I was planning a big Turbo upgrade. Then I bought my 76 280Z and decided to leave the Audi alone ( relatively) . I'd let them go for $150 CDN plus shipping to Canada. Then you'd only have to buy two more at $88.75 USD instaed of 6. PM me if you're interested.

https://www.rceng.com/Saturated-Injector-SL4-0440-P30C6.aspx

Picture of my injectors for sale:

post-44147-0-97478600-1468311206_thumb.jpg

Edit: Where in Canada are you? I'm in Metro Vancouver, BC

Edited by Chickenman

I used the Ford cfi injectors for a long time 440cc low impedance part number 0280150400 or some combination of those numbers lol. Got them from motorman for $30 each. Im now using 52lb ford high impedance injectors 14mm oring top and bottom. They were about $300 for 8. They're great injectors.