HybridZ

Is my 1973 240z an origional scarab?

I have been reading up on scarab 240z's. I recently aquired a 1973 240z with a 327. Come to find out, I realized I have the same 327 ci, 350 horsepower 1965 corvette engine, the same 4 speed borg worner transmission, hurst shifter, origional headers, and same intake and carb setup as an origional scarab 240z. Do I have a gem on my hands? How can I verify this and or document this car if it is a true scarab z?

I also have the badge nezt to the drivers seat where the door closes that states beaureu of automotive repair stating that the motor is a 1964 corvette engine 327 with a vin number and whatnot. The car has the same hurst shifter, t10 borg worner transmission, the same hood with vents.

post-52377-0-37548500-1468701430_thumb.jpg

I have the same sticker from the BAR on my Z but with a 62 327. I put in the early engine when I had to smog it years ago. Back then you would smog to the engine not the chassis.  It was probably built with the kit they sold. Not sure of worth but there is the old saying, it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it at the time that your willing to selling it.

Original Scarabs will have an additional VIN plate stating it was built by Scarab and a vehicle number. There will also be a dash plaque on the right side stating in script "Custom Built  by Scarab". And then there's the qtr panel emblems of the scarab bug in gold, Scarab on the fenders, some came with Scarab valve covers, some with Scarab in the seat backs. Also "SCARAB" cast into the bellhousing. All of these items EXCEPT the badging could be purchased from Scarab in a kit or piecemeal.