HybridZ

Makaofox 2jz NA-T swap

makaofox

Yay an update!

Ugh, I have the same thoughts granted I blew up a 7m which is kind of notorious for that. Granted I had the most wondrous time this weekend in the wet and the car didn't miss a beat.

I think my 3.7 is a bit too short at least with an R154. 

6k still seems a bit short, check toe? Toe is more of a tire killer in the short term.

Yea 7m's are but this one was probably just bad luck from the start. Not gonna worry too much about it for now. But summer time will bring out most of the issues.

The 350z trans has a pretty decent ratio, it also had the same 3.54 as the 280z/350z. So those guys usually do 4.11s but for an na thats amazing for a Holset id have to start in 4th! lol

Ive needed an alignment for 7 years, im just uber lazy about it. My camber is really aggressive to fit in the wheel well. So  I wouldnt be surprised if toe is out of wack.

While the car was stalling and starving for fuel, I did the stupidest thing and gunned it (which brought it back to life) and BOY was it fun! The car after that did not approve but didnt die. I will check filters before swapping pumps and see if I can get another cruise out of it.

• 2 years later...

So been a long time but I finally got a retune after all these years. Only updated the fuel pump to an intank aeromotive phantom stealth and changed the boost to 14lbs. On a mainline dyno made 400hp which dyno jet numbers is 440ish on 14lbs which is exactly where I wanted to be. If i pushed it to 18 I probably can break 430 maybe 450 tops but no need at the moment. All this with 6th cylinder on 100psi while the rest are at 175/180! 

• Like 1