HybridZ

280zx CONVERSIONto a small block 350 chevy

Xapples

Thank you for taking your time to help me!

Title says its all, I know how to turn a wrench  but as far as putting a junk yard motor into a a car that runs. Lets  just say I would feel better having a guide to follow.
Anything you guys or gales can give me that maybe you have run up on in your past of know of would be a huge help! I don't much mind if its a 350 small block or a ford 302. I just want a motor that hits something that I can take above or around 350 Whp or 400HP with around 400LB or torque.

The overall goal of this car is be turned into a sleeper. I plan on doing (( all)) or most of the work to the car if I can help it.

Questions :

1 Best websites to shop for body parts for a 280zx? (( rear taillight is busted --- Bought the car like that. Would like to replace it.))

2 I am trying to shoot for horse power and torque ----- keeping a solid line of power on both ends so the car grabs hard and pushes harder.

3 Guides for conversion's kits? Best motors to run when looking for a sleeper speeder? Solid transmissions to run with those motors?

Thanks again for the read guys and thanks for anything you have for me!

1 - Ebay, forum For Sale sections or Facebook pages like Datsun Parts and Needs

2-Dropping a V8 in a 280ZX requires a skilled fabricator. Have you considered running an L28ET which came stock? You can make a reliable 300rwhp on the stock bottom end which is more HP than most people can use. That is the best bang for your buck and it bolts in.

A 280ZX sports car is never going to be a sleeper. Get Plymouth Voyager if you want a sleeper...

• 3 weeks later...

LS3 into my right driver 280ZX was fairly straight forward but everything was fabricated. Exhaust was a minor nightmare though, there is bugger all space for the headers for a start so there was lots of time consuming (expensive) fitting required. A left driver may be easier but I doubt it.