HybridZ

Bullet mirrors useless

I tried one once on the driver side door using about the same location as stock and the same thing happened to me, it was totally useless. I didn't feeling like drilling more holes in the door so I just left it that way until I sold the Z. I think if you install it at the very top corner of the door that would be the only way to get it to work.

gallery_2013_1433_498931.jpg

I filled the holes that were originally there and placed it closer to the front of the car still useless. I think if I stick a convex mirror it should make things better. After what I went through just getting the screws tightened I dont see myself redoing it. Down the road I will get some fender mirrors so till then it stays.

I have bullet mirrors as well (not from MSA but from a UK company) which are 3.5" in diameter. They are mounted in the stock positions and I found them both totally useless until I stuck 3.5" convex mirrors (Ebay) on BOTH of them. Fortunately the fit is exact and you can barely tell they're on there. They're not amazingly useful but once you get used to them you can actually see out of them and have a decent field of view. Regardless, I still really like the way they look.

post-49397-0-80781100-1470622517_thumb.pngpost-49397-0-91221700-1470622520_thumb.jpg