HybridZ

Jeep Cam angle sensor for L - Series

jacky4566

On 12/5/2022 at 4:25 PM, Brad-ManQ45 said:

Somewhat sorry for redirecting this thread, but it looks like if you have a turbo engine all you need to do instead of slotting is remove the appropriate amount off one side to drive the CAS...

Correct me if I'm wrong...

I have my original ZXT distributo, shaft and DIYAutotune wheel for the turbo distributor and intend to go sequential and this seems to be the low buck way to get rid of the distributor.

How about just making a cap to replace the distribution cap?  You'll save the space and it will look about the same.  Cut the top off of a distributor cap and fabricate something.  A clear plate so you can the spinning disc inside might be cool.

If you have the ZXT parts and the DIY wheel then you must be just thinking about appearance, or the bulk of the cap.  You're talking about trading one cam sensor for another.  There's no functional difference.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, NewZed said:

How about just making a cap to replace the distribution cap?  You'll save the space and it will look about the same.  Cut the top off of a distributor cap and fabricate something.  A clear plate so you can the spinning disc inside might be cool.

If you have the ZXT parts and the DIY wheel then you must be just thinking about appearance, or the bulk of the cap.  You're talking about trading one cam sensor for another.  There's no functional difference.

People make a cap already.  

1 hour ago, DuffyMahoney said:

People make a cap already.  

Post up the link, let's see it.

I've seen the caps that cover the hole if you lose the distributor entirely.  Can't remember seeing one that covers the functional cam sensor disc.

On 12/5/2022 at 4:25 PM, Brad-ManQ45 said:

turbo distributor and intend to go sequential

When you say "sequential" do you mean coil-on-plug or sequential injection?  People often use the same word for both.  The distributor cap is sequential by design.  One after another.

4 hours ago, Brad-ManQ45 said:

Sequential COP.

I can get the Chrysler part and machine it cheaper than that billet cap...

So, just to summarize - you want to switch from the 280ZX turbo distributor and DIY wheel to the Jeep sensor just to get rid of the big ugly distributor cap.  It hasn't been clear why you wanted to make the swap.  The reason is not function, it's appearance.

Nothing wrong with that.  It just hasn't been clear.

On 12/9/2022 at 2:20 PM, NewZed said:

Post up the link, let's see it.

I've seen the caps that cover the hole if you lose the distributor entirely.  Can't remember seeing one that covers the functional cam sensor disc.

image0.jpg

Cousin 3D printed one for me. I didn't bother smoothing it out. Didn't have to be red, just what he had available out of PETG for better heat resistance at the time. Could still be smoothed out more.