HybridZ

Wanted - R180 3.9:1 LSD or an LSD unit; XDi DIS ignition

revlimitbounce

Hi.

Looking for an R180 with limited slip, 3.9:1 ring & pinion which doesn't need immediate admission to the Intensive Care Unit. Alternatively, could do with a fresh LSD unit to install in my existing 3.9:1 R180. 

Also, unlikely to find one, but looking for an Electromotive XDi (or XDi2) distributor-less ignition system for six-cylinder (box, three-coil unit, trigger wheel). 

I'm in Phoenix. 

Thanks. 

Rare parts to be looking for these days. You are the 2nd in a week looking for a R-180 3.90 diff and LSD if your

throwing it in ,as I recall the poster said ..... Since the 3.90 was never a USA street car application ,the Datsun Competition Dept

used to be the only source 40 years ago. Now there are people using the Suby 4 wheel drive front diffs(same as Nissan uses)

and they have a 3.90 .Problem is you have to source a new set of stub flanges I'm told . I have not dealt with anything other than the Nissan street car and Datsun comp diffs ,so I can't comment. I believe two different people have made the modified parts.

The Datsun 4x4 trucks have 4.38 if you want to get some real gear in your car !

Rare parts to be looking for these days. You are the 2nd in a week looking for a R-180 3.90 diff and LSD if your

throwing it in ,as I recall the poster said ..... Since the 3.90 was never a USA street car application ,the Datsun Competition Dept

used to be the only source 40 years ago. Now there are people using the Suby 4 wheel drive front diffs(same as Nissan uses)

and they have a 3.90 .Problem is you have to source a new set of stub flanges I'm told . I have not dealt with anything other than the Nissan street car and Datsun comp diffs ,so I can't comment. I believe two different people have made the modified parts.

The Datsun 4x4 trucks have 4.38 if you want to get some real gear in your car !

Yes, I know! I'd settle for an R200 3.9 LSD, but I really want to avoid the extra weight. I've looked into the Scooby stuff and a mid-2000s WRX had an R180, but even those are hard to come by. I have a source for flanges, though. Don't want a 4.38, though; not doing a drag car. 

4.38 a Drag car . Ha ! Try 5.13 if you want some real gear !! Even though the 3.90 R-200 came in the 280 Zx and they are drying up too, you would have to get a LSD unit for it . You also could buy a 1988 300 ZX turbo 3.70 and use it as is or the LSD in it ,or your back to trying to find a Racer's spare diff. Out of all my Vintage 240 Z car Racers, spares are non existent in the diff dept .What they have they use from track to track . The last poster to the wanted ad mentioned finding a Subby LSD diff for $500 and the axles for 400 ,so he was into it at $900. I see those come up on sleezebay occasionally .