HybridZ

cx racing kit with a/c

Im in the process of deciding on a swap kit and am leaning towards the cx racing kit (i like the trans mount design and the relatively inexpensive exhaust system). 

I live in central CA and will need a/c in the car, is my only option the dirtydingo sandon 508 bracket? I've seen some info about a bracket from JCI but can't find any info about it on their website. are they still making these? I'm assuming the stock location will not fit?

sorry if this has been covered, I tried the search functor but it won't search for "A/C" and no one seems to actually spell out "air conditioner" in their post

Edited by npz

I'm not using the CX racing mounts but I am using their exhaust setup. I have the JCI AC setup, I would have preferred the low mount AC but I don't think it's possible without some fabrication. There are many high mount AC kits on ebay and online, but I don't like the compressor sitting up so high. At least with the JCI kit it's not right in your face when you're looking at the engine.

He still makes them, best to email or call. I got mine earlier this year.

Edit: Here are some pics of the JCI kit. I see no reason why it wouldn't work with pretty much any of the LS mounts available.

IMG_20160225_201923450.jpg

IMG_20160307_214843696.jpg

IMG_20160804_211419127.jpg

Edited by hornedcow

I have researched this a lot and from what I have seen is none of the high mount DD or any others will clear the fender using the 508 compressor.  The newer super small compressors may fit high on the pass side.  The JCI kit is what most people use.  I have not ordered mine yet but it is close to the next thing I need.  Just my observations.  Richard. 

We discussed this on the thread, that looks great but until we know if the headers, mounts etc fit with the CX kit, it is only a really cool set up, not proven to work one way or the other. JMHO, Richard. 

PS if we knew it worked I would be the first to buy one!

Edited by Richard Oben

We discussed this on the thread, that looks great but until we know if the headers, mounts etc fit with the CX kit, it is only a really cool set up, not proven to work one way or the other. JMHO, Richard. 

PS if we knew it worked I would be the first to buy one!

Yeah, of course, I designed it as a solution to my specific setup, not for the CX kit. I posted the pictures more for inspiration for people to build their own.

Looking at the CX passenger mount, the lower passenger mounting position looks like it might interfere with the mount. If you lived close by, I would just let you borrow it and test fit. 

The JCI fit is a really good buy. If I didn't have CAD ability and ready access to a CNC plasma, I would have bought one of the JCI kits.

The issue with the cx kit is the mount. It slopes backwards and will hit the compressor with a low mount design. Maybe if there is a snubby compressor it will work, but definately not with the truck compressor. Maybe if you could get a crank pulley with an extra serpentine row further out it could allow you to space the compressor forward enough.

I'm not using the cx racing kit but my exhaust is similar to what they use. I'm using the JCI set up as well. I know some people do not like the compressor in this location but it easy to remove and work on instead of having it buried where it's almost impossible to reach without taking half of the car apart.

post-14557-0-98017600-1474382314_thumb.jpg

Richard Oben,

If you are going to buy the JCI kit and your car had factory air I have a set of brand new hoses that I ordered from JCI and you can have them at no charge. I decided to use custom hoses on my build and I never used the ones I bought from JCI. Just PM me with your info and I can ship them to you. Here is a picture of what they look like.

post-14557-0-11070100-1474382614_thumb.jpg

I'm not using the cx racing kit but my exhaust is similar to what they use. I'm using the JCI set up as well. I know some people do not like the compressor in this location but it easy to remove and work on instead of having it buried where it's almost impossible to reach without taking half of the car apart.

Holy metal polish! Clean setup.