HybridZ

what diff should i get?

OMONLA

Its been a while folks my K.B  of the whole diff. setup is rusty, so bare with me.

I'm doing an ls swap into my 280z, already comes with the R200 diff.

My question is based on my power goals(500hp) and desired top end goals, what diff and ratio will get me north of 140mph?

(on the track of course)

Thanks

Pretty sure he already has the recommended diff.  RebekahZ's diff is in the paragraph in all of his posts describing his car's mods.  And most 280Z's came with a 3.54 R200.  He just needs an LSD to go with it.

Edited by NewZed

Xnke and myself have had very good luck with the OBX we got off ebay. As long as you check them and change the bolts and set your backlash correctly they work very well. The one tire fire is long gone in my zx. Im guessing im around 300 whp and drive very hard (burnouts drifting and doughnuts) It has shown no sign of wanting to slip one tire ever. Been daily driving for a year now using royal purple 75/90.

300 + HP with 23 inch tires, a 1980 ZX tranny and a R180 4:11 Quaife my top speed is north of 150.  At Mosport I was doing 147 at the top of the back straight. I use either the 4:11, 4:38 or 4:44 (R190) at different tracks to keep the engine in the powerband (above 4k). For a few tracks in the North east it's like driving an automatic giving me a very small but enjoyable edge - lift, brake, accelerate without shifting. Looking at the Suby R180 3:90.

Edited by gnosez