HybridZ

240Z VQ37HR Swap

budgy

• 1 month later...

Final top coat done over the lizard skin to get it darker and protect it a little bit. The body is in primer but no sanding on it yet. Not until its ready for final paint and assembly. She is finally ready to go to a new temporary home where we can turn it into a car. Will be nice as I can help work a fair bit more on the mechanical side of things. 

Dark 3.jpg

Dark 4.jpg

Dark 1.jpg

Dark 2.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Progress has been slow but the car can be pushed around right now :)

Work on wiring up the gauges, wiring harness etc is basically under way now. The frame for the fuel cell needs a couple more brackets and powder coat. Getting pretty close to sending back for paint :)

Silicone intake hoses are probably coming out...but wanted to show a picture of where it is at. 

IMG_20200608_104452_01.jpg

IMG_20200608_104433_01.jpg

IMG_20200608_104402_01.jpg

IMG_20200608_104356_01.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@budgy

Love the progress you have made on your car, your build is part of the inspiration on my VQ37VHR swap. After some looking at my engine I was starting to get a bit confused about how I would run the belt on the VQ37 without power steering or AC (my engine didn't come with an alternator or tensioner pulley). It looks like you have removed all of the pulleys and are running a belt straight from crank pulley to alternator. Would you mind elaborating on what length belt you used to do that? How does the belt sit in relationship to the front crossmember (is it close to rubbing or require any additional cutting)? And how reliable this setup has been in your test fires of the engine?

On 7/10/2020 at 1:44 AM, 260DET said:

To check on a belt size and it's run wrap a length of electrical wiring around  the pulleys, worked for me.

Thank you, but I was more wondering how you are able to get correct tension on your belt. I haven't seen any tension arm brackets for the VQ37 alternator.

On 7/11/2020 at 11:02 PM, Sanchez said:

Thank you, but I was more wondering how you are able to get correct tension on your belt. I haven't seen any tension arm brackets for the VQ37 alternator.

They have a separate adjustable tensioner, the alternator is non adjustable I believe.