HybridZ

260z Ls3.

Bought this car a few years ago with an LQ4/Mp112 combo. It had a couple of bent rods so I decided to put a Dart Next LS motor in and backed out after 2 years to try and build something a bit more sedate. I still had the Holley Dominator efi  so I changed a couple of harnesses so it would work with the LS3 DBW throttle body and 4l80e. Haven't read all that much about the aluminum motors, but went that route to save a bit of weight up front so I could move the motor up and forward a bit and not use a dry sump oiling system. Progress has been slow due to lack of interest in the whopping 325 or so hp level and the fact that i have a 2JZGTE sitting here I could put in instead. 

post-41554-0-80980400-1474486640_thumb.jpg

post-41554-0-68712100-1474486707_thumb.jpg

What did you modify on the DD mounts? With the DD mounts and the low mount alternator the alt would keep me from getting the extra inch back because of interference with the mount. Ended up modifying the alternator a bit to get it back as far as I could.

I know you're trying to get it forward, is that why you modified the mounts? Or some other issue?

What did you modify on the DD mounts? With the DD mounts and the low mount alternator the alt would keep me from getting the extra inch back because of interference with the mount. Ended up modifying the alternator a bit to get it back as far as I could.

I know you're trying to get it forward, is that why you modified the mounts? Or some other issue?

It was interfering with the headers.

I can tell just by moving it around the shop that it steers a bit easier with the beer can motor instead of the iron block and MP112. Found a couple of alternator relocation kits to move it up and in front of the head, pricey though. 

Bought this over the weekend. Turbo, blow off valve, wastegate, and complete exhaust system except for manifolds(was on a bow tie block). Piece on compressor outlet is for spraying meth. Has 6 holes spraying towards center. He didn't run an intercooler.

post-41554-0-63118600-1475006443_thumb.jpg

post-41554-0-26606100-1475006486_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Following.  Water/Meth can provide some serious cooling, not to mention the additional power density.  Very interested in seeing what headers you go with (inverted cast truck manifolds?) and how easy the Dominator EFI handles water/meth. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ended up going with one of  the LS Simple serpentine systems. Put the alternator up high and out towards the shock tower, but not as far as the Dirty Dingo high mount. Just had to grind a bit off the coil bracket, switch to the corvette tensioner, and switch to the smaller truck alternator. Plenty of room later below the alternator if someone wants to turbo  it.

• 3 weeks later...