HybridZ

Rear spindle pin bushing

13 hours ago, adivin said:

Was the fitment good with your spindle bushings?  Tight enough fit?  I see that MSA can still get the OEM rubber spindle pin bushings.  Something to think about.

How did you like going to urethane over stock bushings in general?

Compared to the old worn out rubber bushings urethane noticeably improved handling. Much stiffer. Before replacing the steering rack bushings my car used to wander and track grooves in the road.

All of the bushings fit.

I did have a fitment problem with the Energy Suspension (ES) bushing metal inner sleeves that fit over  the spindle pin for the rear outer control arm bushings  . The ES inner sleeve was manufactured with the inside diameter too large resulting in a sloppy fit when slid over the spindle pin. I carefully measured the spindle pin and the inside diameter of the sleeves. I called ES and explained what I found and they admitted to a manufacturing problem and sent me new sleeves.

The three things I did to improve handling of my daily driver: replacement of all bushings with urethane, stiffer springs that maintained stock ride height and Tokico shocks. The ride is stiffer, but not harsh or bone jarring. Just right for a sports car.

Edited by Miles