HybridZ

1977 280z bogs out when accelerating.

My 77 280z runs and idles great, until you step into it and put it under a load, than it bogs down and almost dies. Would the issue likely be the AFM? Car sat for about eight years without being ran. Cleaned fuel tank, new fuel pump, new filters, plugs, etc. Possible vacuum leaks? Any advice would be appreciated. Since the car was only sitting, is there any reason why the AFM should need to be re-set? No one has messed with it, and it was all good eight years ago.

TPS problem? It could be failing to switch to the wide throttle fueling due to corroded contacts either inside the tps or its connector. Check all your harness connections and make sure they're clean and check the tps contacts and make sure it's properly set. Could also be a problem with ignition not advancing with engine rpm, but I don't know how to troubleshoot that.

• 3 months later...

You should start a new thread with a good title.  77 280Z has nothing to do with blow-through turbo carb.  I'm only here because I have a 76 280Z.

And guessing at things like where the timing should be set on a turbo L6 is very bad.

• 3 months later...