HybridZ

Jenvey Heritage ITB (Weber DCOE Clone)

Tony D

This is really cool, and way overdue for the marketplace.

Most racers already ran -6 A/N individuals to Weber DCOE's from a fuel distribution log...

Cost is comparable to new Webers, and the hidden TPS Option keeps everything away from prying eyes!

http://www.jenvey.co.uk/products2/twin-throttle-bodies/dcoe-heritage-bodies/heritage-dcoe-twin-body-40-48mm-tdsxx

Crap, thinking about this, I should likely have put this in Fuel Systems Sub Forum. Mods move if you like.

Edited by Tony D

I can't tell from the picture, but could you combine these ITB's and a SK-style intake (with ports on each individual runner) in order to hook up 6 Bosch 0sensors and measure A/F directly? I'd think that'd be a very precise setup.

To trade my Dellortos in for these though, I don't know... :wacko:

Edit : Off topic article on carburetor's  http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a25816/lost-art-the-weber-sidedraft-carburetor/

Edited by Marlin2

I was thinking about grabbing the normal dcoe type Jenveys when I move away from my Mikunis, but now this leaves me with another option. Decisions decisions... I wonder if there are any negatives to these versus the normal style ITB's? Injector availability could be one I guess.

I was thinking about grabbing the normal dcoe type Jenveys when I move away from my Mikunis, but now this leaves me with another option. Decisions decisions... I wonder if there are any negatives to these versus the normal style ITB's? Injector availability could be one I guess.

Yeah, the pricing is very competitive with the 118mm pattern old school ITB's.

The ability to hide the TPS tips it over the top for me. You can run the internal TPS Option for the EMS, and individual TPS on each body to log throttle angle on a datalogger to record synch issues under race conditions...combined with the other datalogging items now offered you could get very precise feedback.

Most importantly, they will LOOK period correct (well, actually Hitachi ITB's were on the 71 RAC cars so the original Jenvey fits that lol but nobody really knows that factoid...)

I only wish Mikuni had come to their senses and done this!

But now you guys understand why I never gave up on those two milk crates of gutted Mikuni Bodies out in my shed... it was just a matter of time before I adapted them as ITB's!

Strange world Tony. I was looking for injector bungs to weld onto my airhorns, the type like Derek has with the screw down tops and no fuel rail. My hunt led me through some Z car forums where you were mentioning Jenvey equipment back in 2014. Here Jenvey is again and I'm seriously contemplating scrapping my manifold project along with my 40mm Webers to fund these and just be done with it already... If I can get a bigger injector and see what the 48mm pricing is like.

Thanks for the share!

Strange world Tony. I was looking for injector bungs to weld onto my airhorns, the type like Derek has with the screw down tops and no fuel rail. My hunt led me through some Z car forums where you were mentioning Jenvey equipment back in 2014. Here Jenvey is again and I'm seriously contemplating scrapping my manifold project along with my 40mm Webers to fund these and just be done with it already... If I can get a bigger injector and see what the 48mm pricing is like.

Thanks for the share!

Someone was in a long and drawn out project converting their existing Webers to ITB's with me providing the links for the already available  DOCE TPS brackets, and him having made some very nice  tapered inserts to eliminate the venturis internally.... he had just bumped the thread the day after I found out about these, so of course.... when he looked at the thread update in the morning I can imagine the words he had for my update! LOL All that work, and now you can just buy them for $325 each! LOL

Okay, so if you are moving from DCOEs or Mikunis, then what would you need to complete the swap?

Assuming you are running triples already, and have an electric fuel pump, and -6AN+ fuel lines in place, you would need:
- 3x Jenvey Heritage ITBs ($325 X 3 = $975)
- 6x Injectors ($90 X 6 = $540)
- Throttle pot ($125)
- High pressure fuel pump ($150)
- High pressure fuel filter ($50)
Total: $1840 (plus shipping)

If you have a 240Z/260Z add:
- Swirl pot ($100)
- Plumb return line from swirl pot to tank ($100)
Total $200 (in addition to above figure)

And an ECU setup of some sort.  I run an Electromotive XDi, so I would switch to a Tec3 or something, for the sake of convenience.  So add $1000 or so for a used one.  

Total expense for me to do the swap then would be:
$2040 for the ITB's and parts
$100 for the ECU
Total: $3040

I reckon I could fetch $2200 for the Mikunis and all the jetting I have (A LOT).  So $840 for the swap.  

Not inexpensive, but tempting.  

System would look like:
Fuel tank > filter > low pressure pump > swirl pot in engine bay > high pressure fuel filter > high pressure pump > ITB > ITB > ITB > regulator > swirl pot > return line to fuel tank

Anything I've missed here?

The projection is the British Pound will BELOW 1:1 (like Canadian and Australian $'s right now...)

MEANING: if you bide your time, it's  possible these things may be in the  mid-low $200's per-piece within a couple of months!

I was ready at Wolf EFI's $325 per body....but saving close to $100 per (they are 240 sterling each or thereabouts right now...)