HybridZ

ms2 and innovate lc2 configuration

softopz

I just installed my lc2 and cant get the output to read right in ms2 its a little "sticky".

My analog 1 (yellow from controller) is hooked up to the wideband gauge and seems to be reading well.

My analog 2 output is hooked up to pin 23 on db37

the factory default are:
Analog Output 1 0.0 V for AFR7.35 ---- 5.0V for AFR22.39.
Analog Output 2 1.1 V for AFR14  ---- 0.1 V for AFR15.

According to the diyautotune FAQ it says
For a long time we guided customers on how to re-program their LC-1 / LM-1 / LM-2 to output a slightly different signal from default.  The goal of this was to increase the resolution of the signal in the range of AFR most users will spend their time in.  We used to recommend programming the output you were using to send a signal that represented a 10-20:1 AFR from 0-5v.  While in theory this is great and does increase resolution a bit, in practice it’s not really needed and is probably more trouble than it’s worth for most users.  We now recommend leaving the analog outputs on your LC-1 / LM-1 / LM-2 at their default settings (which is 0v = 7.35:1 AFR, and 5v=22.39 AFR).  Proceed to configure the TunerStudio tuning software to allow your MegaSquirt EMS to properly talk to your LC-1 / LM-1 / LM-2 do the following:

The issue is analog 1 is being used for the gauge ( could I just tap into this signal for ms? )

I used the LM Programmer and made the analog output 2 the same as 1 default 0.0 V for AFR7.35 ---- 5.0V for AFR22.39

In turner studio set it into project properties, ego control and calibrate afr table . I tried various configuration from LM controller (re program) and in tuner studio my gauge in tunerstudio is pretty sticky and doesn't read the exact same.

My innovate controller is grounded also to ms2 grounds. Any ideas?

The issue is analog 1 is being used for the gauge ( could I just tap into this signal for ms? )

Yes you can. I would run the wire primarily to the MS and then splice or tee it from the ECU to the gauge. You can even run a small wire inside the MS to connect pin23 to an open pin on the DB37 connector and that might put the free end closer to the actual location of the gauge without overlaying a wire through the whole car.

Analog 1 is a narrowband output and has very little to no resolution. I think your term "sticky" is that the stock innovate programming, and lots of OEM sensors, are really only able to tell you whether the AFRs are stoich, rich, or lean.  I only use this output when I am trying to simulate a stock o2 sensor to keep from throwing a code. 

1.1 V for AFR14  ---- 0.1 V for AFR15.

With the O2 sensor setup this way the gauge will only change when your AFRs are between 14 and 15 which is usually just at idle. Any other time the gauge will just be maxed out on the rich side while driving or maxed out on the lean side when coasting; not really giving you any useful data on your tune. 

Yes you can. I would run the wire primarily to the MS and then splice or tee it from the ECU to the gauge. You can even run a small wire inside the MS to connect pin23 to an open pin on the DB37 connector and that might put the free end closer to the actual location of the gauge without overlaying a wire through the whole car.

Analog 1 is a narrowband output and has very little to no resolution. I think your term "sticky" is that the stock innovate programming, and lots of OEM sensors, are really only able to tell you whether the AFRs are stoich, rich, or lean.  I only use this output when I am trying to simulate a stock o2 sensor to keep from throwing a code. 

With the O2 sensor setup this way the gauge will only change when your AFRs are between 14 and 15 which is usually just at idle. Any other time the gauge will just be maxed out on the rich side while driving or maxed out on the lean side when coasting; not really giving you any useful data on your tune. 

Ok I tried that and still it doesn't read as quick. The output is not narrowband I programmed both the same so it should get what the  gauge is getting.  Why is it that the DIYautone and Innovative instructions do not say to take the signal from one output. Even though I tried that it still not good.

Sorry I made a mistake its not set that way.

I tried Programming the output from the innovative controller to output is exactly like the gauge. In tunerstudio I set my project properties to lc1, even though I am using the lc2 should be the same right? , then ego control to single wideband and calibrate afr with lc1 0-5v still nothing . I also attached it to the same output as gauge. It shows the correct afr in Tunerstudio however its not responsive and "sticky"

edit I was correct the factory default settings are Analog Output 2 1.1 V for AFR14  ---- 0.1 V for AFR15. HOWEVER  I changed the output to be the same as 1 with LM programmer software to be the same as output 1. That did not change a thing and splicing pin 23 of ecu to the analog 1 ( with gauge ) is also sticky.

Edited by softopz

I will try to get a video of it tomorrow. Believe it or not we just got at least 10 cm of snow this is is MAD..

By sticky I mean its not smooth it will stay stuck on an a certain AFR. And after revving it a while it will change to another AFR its not what I am seeing on the gauge which is not "sticky" its opposite like "smooth" and "fluid".

Is it otherwise accurate? Sounds like it could be the output is not really programmed linearly. Narrowband sensor responses have a quadratic curve and "stick" to lean or rich and just kind of fly past 14.7 when switching from lean to rich or vice-versa.

Did you tap it into the other analog out, same as the gauge?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW4XneD8U_s

Here is the video.

Yes I tried tapping the output for gauge, with gauge and alone.

I also tried after the video programming both outputs the exact same. Then swapped both controller outputs to ms2 pin 23 and vice versa. The gauge reads fine and fluid like video even with other output . I am starting to think this is a problem with ms2 / wiring / tuner studio software

Edited by softopz

On the second time you focus in on the reading from the MS and it "sticks" to 13.5, what is the gauge saying? If they are drastically different I would be concerned. 

What are the default settings when you select the Innovate LC1/LC2? IF they are un-deitable they are still calibrated to .1 V for AFR14  ---- 0.1 V for AFR15 then the readigns will be off in tunerstudio

Check this video out on setting unique AFR ranges for your wideband for the megasquirt. only 2 minutes and hes got visual aides

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZf1B53k1pc

I have done the calibration before and did it 3x again. I still have the issue I tried both outputs and tapping into a new one. I also ohm the pin23 o2 input f4om db37 and then it cut it shorter that didn't change a thing. My ms2 and innovate lc2 are grounded same spot as well It's definatly something with Ms2 or tuner studio. Any input?