HybridZ

Detent Roller for lower drivers door hinge 1975 280Z

Anywhere to buy just this worn down roller? One side is worn down on the roller, and it pops every time i open or close the door. Can i change this piece without removing the hinge? The fender is now off, so i thought this would be the perfect time to tackle this. 

Edited by moparmusclecars

If you're going to refurbish the entire hinge(s), completely removing them is probably the only way.  Otherwise I'd advise against removing the hinge from the body.  We learned early on that it can be a pain to realign the doors if you remove the hinge from the body.  Plus, it's pretty much a two man job.  Since then, we only pull the door off the hinge and leave the hinge on the body.  But, we're not refurbing the hinges, just doing the body work on the doors (plus painting the jambs and hinges body color)... 

However, if there's a way to accomplish what you need to do on that detent roller with the fender & door off and the hinge still on the body, that's the way I would do it.