HybridZ

ZcarGarage Engine SEMA 2016 (LD28+OS Giken Head)

Ereschkigal

Wonder if it is actually using the diesel block, or if it's just using the diesel crank and the journo got confused.  

The diesel block is taller, and if sleeved can run a large bore.  So it's not outside the realm of possibility for that engine to have a displacement up around 3.5L with a custom crank.

Huge flow on a ported crossflow head with the right induction and exhaust, it's not unreasonable to get up around 450hp.  Les Collins/Peter MacDonald down in Australia built a 3.4L stroker using a non-crossflow P90 head and it punched out 370-ish hp.   

50 mm Jenvey's and only 10.8:1 CR? 470HP? BULLSHITE!

No way no how, not in a million years. Someone tweaked the dyno constants for a good HP result. Totally BS.

That head can run 12:1 on pump gas, running 10:8 I might believe a TURBO setup got them 470hp, but not NA, and not with only 50mm ITBS!

They had the same setup in the black S30 last year, they dyno sheet showed 376 hp, not sure if that was supposed to be crank or flywheel. I saw this car and just assumed it was the same didn't bother looking at the display for additional info. The guy last year claimed the inner finder restricted airflow on the S30, the hako engine bay is even smaller and the hako was of course RHD only, The S30 would have fit better if they had made the head flow the opposite direction wiht the carbs in the left hand side and exhaust on the right hand side. It is definitely a thing of beauty. Last year the OSG rep said the head was about $10k and the turnkey engine package was about $30k. sweet as they may be I am resigned to never owning one.

$25,900.00 :)

Not yet. Waiting for V2 to get back so I can finalize everything. I was hoping to nail down the machining prices when I did V2 but there were so many changes that it quickly became a prototype. And you don't want to pay those prices:)  I've been telling everyone have $15,000.00 in the bank and you probably will be pretty safe. It really depends on the build you want to do. 

I think you are a little low on the head price. The last I heard they were 26,000-28,000 USD.

If they were only $10,000.00 I doubt there would be much interest in my head:)

That's what the guy at the OSG booth quoted last year. He was a little light on a technical knowledge, he might well have been off on price as well. It's not advertised anywhere that I have found. I've found a blog that quoted the head at $32k and another at $30k. Rumored production numbers in the single digits the price might go up every time someone actually tries to buy one.