HybridZ

Megasquirt wont dowload firmware

MerloZ

Hello i am new to this forum so i am not sure im doing this right but. i recently bought a ms2 DIY kit from diyautotune and all was going well until i was instructed to download the firmware. I got the firmware and downloader from msextra, i run the program and i get a message (in picture). i have checked my power multiple times and the megasquirt has passed all the previous tests using the db9 adaptor from diyautune and the stimulator. i have researched everything and can not find any information on how to get the firmware downloaded with this problem. Ive been struggling with this for a total of 7 hours by now and i just want it to work. ive tried everything. HELP ME!!!!! lol.post-53871-0-39382600-1482539376_thumb.png

Do you need drivers for the usb serial adapter? Check your device manager (win 8+ right click start button -> device manager. Previous versions just use the start menu search).

It looks like the firmware script couldn't find a com port and I'm guessing it's not got a driver for it.

Disclosure: I don't have a megasquirt but I've used a lot of usb serial adapters.

• 2 weeks later...