HybridZ

How do I fix my bumper?

ccwade81

Hey guys,

I have my 240z stripped all the way down and working on fixing some body issues before rebuild. I have replaced the roof skin as I had an aftermarket sunroof and wanted a slicktop. I'm wondering if I need to replace the entire section of the rear bumper/valance that goes all the way up to the hatch or just cut and patch the damaged portion. I don't have any experience with body work so not sure what the best approach would be. There is a very small ripple in the floor of the hatch and the very end of the frame rail has a little wow in it. Also looks like the right taillight frame is slightly bent. See pics. Thanks in advance! Cheers!

1228161308b.jpg

1228161308a.jpg

1228161308.jpg

1228161310.jpg

Would you be apposed to hiring someone to do some frame work? (as a bodyman) id suggest getting a pull done first. Even if you do section out the damaged/kinked areas, pulling the damage first can help with new part alignment and possible hidden damage/indirect damage.

EDIT: I think most of it is repairable, with maybe a section of the frame rail being replaced.  

Edited by Evlevo