HybridZ

RB25 Fuel Line Questions

anubis512

Hey guys

From what I've seen around the forums, the general consensus is fuel lines should be up'd to 3/8" to accommodate the larger flow rates the RB25 requires but I can't find much talk about actually doing it. Has anyone done in before? I see some people say aluminum shouldn't be used, while the Summit Racing generic aluminum lines are allegedly rated for 200 psi. Other people say stainless is the only way to go, but it sounds like you need more heavy duty bending tools.

What'd you guys do for your swaps?

I use the vent line for the return with a walbro 255, the fuel pressure stays steady at idle. The only thing is it sometimes sounds like someone is peeing in the tank. The 5/16 line is good for more HP than the stock block RB25 can take. Unless you go E85, then 3/8 would be good

Edited by winstonusmc

After having a brake line blow out near the back and 1 fuel line start leaking near the isolator when I was fiddling around, I'd say replace all the hardliners going back. Unless of course the car was in a really dry environment and doesn't have any other rust/corrosion, then they may be fine.