HybridZ

Don Potter Racing Cam?

Z-Dreamer

@ryant67 I sent Isky an email describing my engine plans and asked for his suggestions for selecting a cam i got a reply that said.

"I believe the 718148 is your best bet.  See import catalog enclosed.

Regards, Isky Cams""

The suggested cam is the L480 which falls quite short of the rebello cam. either way i ordered the cam from Rebello as i have heard good reviews and from my "calculations" it looks like what i want. No i just need to figure out if my core is good enough or source a spare to send to Dave.

@30 ounce Your peak torque is in about the same place as my plot predicts but your torque drops off faster in the higher RPM. I wonder if the SUs were limiting you a bit in airflow. After all you were running 20% higher displacement than what those carbs were originally specified for. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2018 at 8:40 PM, madkaw said:

I thought the DP cam had a shorter duration which in turn would not be making power later than the Isky- but I’m guessing here. 

So the higher lift is killing the low end?

How is anything on that dyno chart 'killing' anything? It's above the L490 at every point of the curve.