HybridZ

DZ-Start Push button Ignition Kits F/S again

HLS30-08077

I'm making the DZ-Start again!!

Same push to start ignition kit that MSA used to sell. I made them and sold them to MSA years ago.

I had no plans to do it again but enough people from multiple sites showed enough interest that I finally dropped the hammer and decided to do it one more time. The other thread is locked so here's a new thread. I tried to run a "For Sale" ad but I need to be a donating member. Can't Donate if I don't sell any, right?

I now have 56 boards left to fill future orders......

These vehicles all use the same ignition switch and wiring order. And the DZ-Start will plug right into them.....
1968-1973 510 
1970-1978 240Z, 260Z, 280Z 
1979-1983 280ZX 
1972-1973 1200 (B110) 
1979-1982 210 (B310) 
1978-1981 510 (A10) 
1977-1981 810 (Bluebird) 
1982-1983 Maxima (910 Bluebird) 
1979-1982 310 (N10) 
1977-1983 200SX (S10) 
1979 Datsun 620 
1980-1982 Datsun 720 

Subaru 
1982-1987 Brat 
1986-1987 GL 
1980-1984 DL 
1980 GLF 
1980 GL 
1980-1987 Standard

The Datsun's without this style switch can have the DZ-Start wires reorganized to make them plug and play

The DZ-Start is a true Keyless ignition button kit. remove your ignition switch, plug the ignition connector into the relay pack, connect the ground wire to the dash, the brake wire to the brake pedal switch, connect the coil wire to the coil (-). Plug it all in to the control box, mount the button where your ignition key used to go (open it up by 1/16") and you're basically done.

Flashing "LOCK" button gives visual on the security.
The remote option gives you 2) ON/OFF remotes that disable the button from functioning.
The RFID option gives you a single remote for a true hands free security option that enables/disables the 
button as you approach or walk away from the vehicle.
All kits come with a toggle switch to disable the button and The Basic kit also comes with a security wire that can be tied into almost any basic or advanced alarm with "Starter kill" option that works with your alarm

So here's the new pricing. 

$260 for the standard

$285 for the remote option w/ 2) remotes

$300 for the new RFID option w/ 1) fob

Shipping is included in the prices (in the US)

The Red GT-R button is readily available on eBay for about $45 +/- $5
I do not carry them, so if you want that, buy the kit then buy the extra button on eBay.

Let me know,

Dave

wolfin32z@yahoo.com

post-1483-0-36861200-1488058663_thumb.jpg

post-1483-0-65504100-1488058679_thumb.jpg

post-1483-0-43427800-1488058700_thumb.jpg

post-1483-0-75388700-1488058705_thumb.jpg

post-1483-0-77377700-1488058812_thumb.jpg

I had no plans to do it again but enough people from multiple sites showed enough interest that I finally dropped the hammer and decided to do it one more time. The other thread is locked so here's a new thread. I tried to run a "For Sale" ad but I need to be a donating member. Can't Donate if I don't sell any, right?

Seriously?  Pretty sure the bar for being considered a "donating member" is pretty low.  

Bad form.

Just curious... Have you donated?...

Not recently - I'm not trying to use the site to advertise and sell a product, either.

If you can't understand the difference then I'm not sure what else to say.

Edited by TimZ

I haven't been on or posted in a while. Years maybe.

But then again, I've been busy with life. I get the occasional 240Z electrical question but that's it. No reason to donate to the cause.

But like I said. If any units sell due to this For Sale Ad. Then I will donate accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...

The RFID system I use can be attached to any style of DZ-Start.
I can prep one for you and send it with the T-Taps to tap the DZ-Start harness and instructions for everything else.

The PKE (RFID) only comes with 1) keyfob, but if you want another or a replacement, they are available online. I can take care of that.

$40 shipped

Let me know,

Dave

• 1 month later...

Dave,

I have an old DZ-Start kit as well.  I have an Alpine 8080 alarm from "way back" that has a fob to lock/unlock the doors and roll up windows...or will do it automatically when armed.  Can the RFID option be tied into the alarm to arm/disarm with the proximity sensor?  If not, I really just want the doors to lock and unlock with the proximity sensor...I could remove the alarm.

WOW!! That's like 15+ years old!!!

Go ahead and install the Alpine alarm like normal, BUT........

Use the "Starter Kill" wire (Ground when Armed) wire. Connect it to the Orange disable/enable wire on the DZ-Start.

You'll still have alarm function and when you arm the alarm, you'll disable the DZ-Start. (Disarm the alarm to Enable the DZ-Start again)

Hope that's what You're asking for,

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

What I really want is to not need keys at all.  I want the doors to unlock when I get close to the car and lock when I walk away.    I don't need the alarm so I could remove it if necessary... I just use it for the locks anyway.

Thank you for your reply,

Steve

What I really want is to not need keys at all.  I want the doors to unlock when I get close to the car and lock when I walk away.    I don't need the alarm so I could remove it if necessary... I just use it for the locks anyway.

Thank you for your reply,

Steve

The RFID version would be the one you want then. It can control the door locks (using relays) and also has outputs for light flash and horn (siren) honk.

It can be programmed to instantly lock/unlock the doors and enable/disable the button at the same time.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...