HybridZ

Charging issue (non-charging)

Just got my LS6 up and running using MS3Pro and the DIYAutoTune drop on LSx 24 harness. From the harness, there is 1 wire that goes to the alternator to activate a low charging light. That's the only wire on the plug.

The alternator I got reman from RockAuto (98-02 Camaro) was tested fine at AutoZone. The alternator will not charge. I have the hot lug run back to a fuse block where all the large gauge wires centralize from the battery. I tried running a wire from the 'sense' pin on the alternator back to the fuse block so the system has 'reference' voltage, but that didn't work either.

The 4 pins on my alternator plug are 1) Phase, 2) Indicator lamp, 3) Ignition, and 4) Sense. The DIY harness was rigged to the Indicator lamp, and as stated, I tried running a Sense wire to my fuse block. I am currently researching, but not coming up with much.

I am not quite sure what I'm missing here. Anybody have any ideas?

If it's any help, I spent the better part of a month dealing with a no-charge issue on my old maxima last year after autozone tested it good, only to run several of my own diagnostics to find out it wasn't. I wouldn't trust any electrical tests from Autozone. Get it tested at O'Reilly and NAPA.