HybridZ

11mm vs 14mm o-ring fuel rails? Confused

turbogrill

You could find an O-ring that will fit the pintle cover of a barbed injector and make it work.  You can run 14mm injectors on a stock intake, using the barbed injector gaskets on the 14mm injector, or two O-rings. They seal the way Nissan sealed them back then, compressed gasket, instead of using an O-ring type seal.  Do some study on how seals seal and an idea will come.  There are design specs out there for O-ring sealing.

And you don't need the special tool to cut a new hole for a bigger injector.  You just need to put more care in to cutting the hole using standard tools.  The special tool makes things fast and easy and accurate but it's not necessary.  Just saying...

Thanks!Got it now.

What do people do with fuel rail and aftermarket rails. Keep stock or fab something?

Never Mickey mouse something on a fuel system.  That's just a disaster waiting to happen.

Just order a Pallnet fuel rail. Peter is a  Hybriz Z member, is on the Vendors Forum and makes quality parts. He can custom make mounts to fit your manifold. You can get them with 11mm O-Ring seals, 14 mm O-Ring seals or barbed fittings on the rail side. Barbed injectors are a PITA if you have to remove them for servicing, changing size  etc. IMHO, it's best to decide what you want to run for injectors first. Then have the Manifold and Fuel rail machined for that size. 

Just an FYI, the factory barbed injectors use a 28 mm O.D. square cut seal around the injector body ( on the Intake manifold side ) and a 14 mm square cut seal on the pintle tip. You can use a 14mm double O-ring on the tip as others have mentioned.  I just measured some BNIB seals that I have in stock.  

Link to Pallnet :

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/99098-pallnet-fuel-rails/

Edited by Chickenman

You should start doing the math and research to figure out what you need, what you want, and what you can afford.  There are simple calculators out there, based on common assumptions.  Take your 200 HP number,do a calculation, then go find an injector that fits the need to get there.  It's more than Lonewolf + Supra = 200 HP.  The calculations and research is part of the project, and you'll learn a bunch.  Come back with your plan and see what people think.  Nobody can give a good answer to one question at a time.

That's my suggestion.

https://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx

http://www.fuelinjector.citymaker.com/Fuel_Injector_Flow_Rates.html

http://212.113.105.12/library/BOOKS/CAR/efi/Stan$20Weiss$20Electronic$20Fuel$20Injector$20$28EFI$29$20Flow$20Data$20Table.htm

I need bigger than stock injectors for my ~200hp build. Stock turbo would be fine but if I get a lonewolf intake I might as well change to something more modern and common.

Anysuggestions? Supra?

1986 to 1988 Supra NA injectors ( 23250-70040 ) will support 250 HP no problem at 85% duty cycle using RC's calculator ( .60 bsfc ) .  That's what I'm using on my NA build. These fit the stock 280Z manifold and use the same seals as the Nissan injectors. 11 mm fuel rail O-rings to fit Pallnet fuel rail. Very common injector. 

If you decide to go with more HP... you can use the 1986 - 1988 Supar Turbo injectors. ( I'll look the number up in a bit ).

Of course you need a diffent ECU to tune for these. MegaSquirt seems to be a popular and proven system at a reasonable price. 

Here are the 310cc Supra Reman injectors listed from Injectorman. $149.95 for a set of six. 

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/291075192985?euid=2625c1e8b246491face30713a32fdbbd&bu=43214541557&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu

Edited by Chickenman

Good info!

Turns out I can't use the Lonewolf or a big tb, my racing series would give me penalty.

I can still port the stock manifold and replace with different injectors.

So what's the best approach? Turbo or the Supra? I like to have something common! 200hp is fine.

I will do megasquirt.

Here are the 310cc Supra Reman injectors listed from Injectorman. $149.95 for a set of six. 

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/291075192985?euid=2625c1e8b246491face30713a32fdbbd&bu=43214541557&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu

I already have the Megasquirt stuff figured out but want to get injectors before I install it.

So you can't use the stock fuel rail with those injectors I assume?

Only asked because it's all here in this thread. Blaa blaa.  What's the point of replying otherwise?  Blaa blaa.  You're way down at the simple end of what you seem to be planning.  Who really wants to see your butt posts...?  Blaa

Only asked because it's all here in this thread. Blaa blaa.  What's the point of replying otherwise?  Blaa blaa.  You're way down at the simple end of what you seem to be planning.  Who really wants to see your butt posts...?  Blaa

You are right I should have deleted my first post and edited the second. But that also causes confusion if someone is reading the post.

Now that we sorted out that maybe it's time to focus on something important. Seems like there are two paths:

- Palnet rail + Supra injectors 

- Stock rail with L28ET or Ford SVO injectors

You know after the what big Phil went through I don't know why anybody would use lone wolf intakes.. stock intake will support 500+ hp proven by Jeffp with his extreme280zx page..

Jeff's intake isn't "stock"  it's been exrudehoned.  And I forget the numbers but is giving up a fair amount of flow from what his head can support, i.e. could can a fair amount of power if he changed intakes.