HybridZ

MFactory R200 Helical LSD

exlifesaver

As some of you know we were part of a product development with Mfactory. The whole point of this was to bring the R200 more helical LSD options. This production was a great success with the help of great members of this community. The original thread is here. They are currently for long nose R200s with 10mm and 12mm Ring gear bolts. Accepts 29 spline stub axle shafts.

Some key points about MFactory and their Helical LSD.

•     Mfactory established in 2004
  •     Covered by the MFactory Lifetime, Globally Transferable Warranty
  •     Diamond Cut to exacting tolerances from Forged High-Nickel-Chromium-Molybdenum Steel (imported Japanese SAE 4320 & SAE 9310 Steel)
  •     Forged, Double Tempered and Super Sub-Zero treated for unsurpassed toughness
  •     Advanced Shot Peening technology increases surface hardness
  •     Designed to withstand the extreme shock loads of competition-level Drag Racing
  •     Advanced gear geometry designed using industry-leading software puts more power to the ground
  •     Only the highest quality Brighton-Best Hardware is used
  •     Maintenance-free Gears eliminates the need for special fluids & rebuilds associated with plate-type LSDs (I personally use AMSOIL Severe Gear 75w-90)
  •     Lock-free operation ensures no adverse affect to steering response

MSRP: $999.95

Limited HybridZ member price: $875 shipped to lower 48. (CA residents must pay sales tax) All differentials are shipped from CA via UPS and have signature required delivery. Supplies are limited right now so act fast!

If you are interested please PM me with your shipping address and PayPal Email address. Once we receive that information from you we can send you a payment request on Paypal. All orders are shipped same day (Mon-Fri not including holidays) if payment is received by 4:30PM EST (1:30PM PDT)

Any questions please feel free to email me at nick@jdmpowerhouse.com, reply to this post, or shoot us a PM.

MFactory contact info.

581 W. Covina Blvd
San Dimas, CA 91773

(MFactory R&D / North American Sales & Distribution)

Business Hours: Mon-Fri 7.30am - 4pm (PST)
Tel: +1 909-592-5933
Fax: +1 213-455-2613
Web: www.teamMFactory.com

post-47855-0-24089200-1490647428_thumb.jpg

post-47855-0-42451300-1490647440_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Hey DonH

You can pickup from MFactory/Synchrotech in San Dimas

I may have a better price than the factory especially with HybridZ members

You would still have to pay Calif. Sales Tax but picking up is still ok. On the HybridZ forum

MFactory R200 gives you all the information. The units are $875.00. Give me a reply

regarding ordering or any other questions.

Thank you

Chip

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Adam

I take it you want information on the purchase of the MFactory LSD

The price to Hybrid Z members is $ 875.00 Shipped to the lower 48 states.

Calif. Addresses pay their sales tax

If this is something your are interested in   contact me with

shipping address and paypal address for payment

A payment request will be sent to you

All shipments require signature confirmation

Thank you

Chip

• 1 month later...

Hey, Chip. 

I just shot a call over to MFactory. I've been looking all over the place for an R200 LSD, it would figure the company's in my home town. They referred me to you because I have a few questions. For starters, this would be installed in an S130. I've been poking around on these forums for years and I know the other members don't like answering the same questions twice, but I'd really like any help I can get wrapping my head around what's required for this install. The car is a 1982 NA R200, stock and getting ready to take a big crap on me. Once I know what needs to happen, I'll buy one of these units for sure. Thank you and anyone else for your help. 

-Luke

On 3/3/2019 at 5:48 PM, exlifesaver said:

Hey Dale

Thanks for inquiring information on the MFactory LSD.

How can I help you.

If you have many question give me a call 1-252-261-3107 I'm near this phone most afternoon and evenings.

Chip

I 'm not sure have both of these posts got hooked together

But to answer yours Datsuns: Your asking about the fitment Of the MFactory R200 LSD into a 1984 280zx MT NA

As I recall that vehicle comes with the open diff R200  3.9 gears and CV joints , 29 spline stub axles.

Can I get a conformation on this info so far from you? Then I can proceed

Chip

3 hours ago, Datsuns said:

The car is a 1982 NA R200, stock and getting ready to take a big crap on me.

Thank you and anyone else for your help. 

1982 R200's are just like all of the previous long-nose R200's.  You'll need to move the ring gear over to the new MFactory carrier.  So if your ring and pinion gears are damaged you'd probably be better off finding an R200 in better shape.

Otherwise, if the ring and pinion gear are in good shape, and the pinion bearing, you'll be installing new carrier bearings anyway, and the diff will have new internal gears, so it should be a standard swap.

So...what do you mean by "big crap"?

Yeah, sorry about that. A pretty vague diagnosis. I'd like to thank you for helping me out with this, I appreciate it. The problem I'm having is a kind of vibration/ cavitation from the rear end while decelerating at moderate speeds. It's worse under load. Maybe it's the pinion bearing, I seem to remember that from another time it had an issue. The last time I had an issue with it, my living situation didn't permit me to perform the work myself. Now I have a place to do that. I know I could find answers to the specific questions by hunting around in the forums and like I said, I know you guys despise repeating yourselves and I get that. To be perfectly honest, I'm also not the best at using the site. I'm learning. Anyway, the diff problem has developed pretty recently, so for all I know, the gears are fine. The car is used almost exclusively for around town type easy peasy driving at this point. I know I'm going to have to do something about it soon, so I'd like to perform the mod. 

I don't want to be a kook on here or irritate you folks, so let me know if I'm using this wrong or whatever. It's just been difficult to find info on this subject as it relates to the S130. 

Edited by Datsuns

2 hours ago, Datsuns said:

The problem I'm having is a kind of vibration/ cavitation from the rear end while decelerating at moderate speeds. It's worse under load. Maybe it's the pinion bearing, I seem to remember that from another time it had an issue.

As far as the diff, propeller shaft, and half shafts go it's all just like a 280Z, except for the diff mount.  The length of the propeller shaft (the main drive shaft) is different but the diff and half shafts will swap between S30 and S130.

Your problem sounds more like u-joints.  If you don't have a turbo car or a 2+2 you will have u-joint half shafts.  So that's six u-joints total for your car.

You can figure some things out under the car with a strong light and a prying tool.  Pry the u-joints around and look for any movement, they're tough you won't break them.  Grab the pinion shaft and yank on it.  None of those things should have any play.  Won't be surprising if you find some, with your symptoms.  Get some sturdy jack stands so you don't end up in the news.