HybridZ

Help. what is wrong with this tune.

MerloZ

Morgen. I finally got an answer back from MS forums on the dwell settings. As I suspected the Nominal Dwell settings and Spark discharge times from that tune you downloaded are wrong. Looks like the owner of that car had a fast change E-Coil. The settings for that will not work properly for the slower charging OEM canister type coil. I have revised the coils settings in this latets Tune file. Please download it and load it up for tomorrow. 

Changes are based on advice from MS/Extra forums. Nominal Dwell now = 3.1ms and Spark Duration now = 1.0ms. Previous setting would hav resulted in the coil not charging fully at higher RPM's.  I'll be in touch tomorrow. Cheers

Edit at 3:32 PM. Morgen. The original tune you downloaded is totally fracked up. I don't think the firmware versions are matching. I just downloaded a brand new default tune from MS for MS 2 with firmware version 3.4.2 ( what you said you were running ) and all of the Fuel calculations came out different. 

Since I based my tunes on that original tune that you downloaded. all my fuel calculations are likely fracked up as well. That is the big problem with downloading other people tunes. If there software and firmware don't match up exactly with what you have, you get a big hot mess. grabage in = Garbage out

I now have the default tune downloaded  from DIY for MS 2 . Extra firmware 3.4.2. And surprise, surprise. Guess what the coil settings default to for a Standard coil?  Nominal Dwell = 3.1 ms and Spark Discharge = 1.0ms. Just about bang on with what I calculated for a Datsun canister coil

Tomorrow we will dump all the tunes you have and start fresh. I'll transfer MS default Tune for 3.4.2 to you in morning and work on a fresh tune for you tonight. Based on the correct default base tune instead of someone else's mismatched tune. Hopefully you'll have a Happy Birthday!!!  

DIY had a tune i should have downloaded. god damn that would have been nice to know. ive talked to Matt Cramer about this build too im suprised he didnt mention it. MAP sensor is the one that comes with the ms2 i believe its a GM. Also what is the dampening material you are talking about like where is it located what does it do.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after a marathon remote tuning session from half a continent away. we got her up and running. At least halfway decent. Had an issue with an WB controller giving false readings, so I had to go by my own custom AFR Tables. Something still funky with the fuel calculations though IMHO.  Mind you it's hard to diagnose if an engine is slightly rich or slightly lean from 3,000 miles away with an inaccurate AFR guage.

Happy Birthday Morgen. Now time for me to take a Nap.... 

A huge thanks to Chickenman (Richard) for spending so much time on the computer with me today. Dont know how i could ever repay you. shes gonna go to the car show yayy. best birthday ever. 18 yrs old means they cant take my liscense on the spot.. hehe. here is the data log i last took while goin out for a rip.

Composite Log 1.zip

Drive Safe and if you want to really learn about cars and racing, join an Autocross club if there is one near you. That's how I started and it was the best thing I ever did in my life. I've learned You learn all the skills about how handle your car, the old farts like me  love to take new members under their wing, you pick up invaluable information from Gear Heads and  and it's a safe way oi Race.

Racing on the street is not Cool no matter what. I'll have a look at the log later, but with the LC-2 not being calibrated right it doesn't mean a lot. You'll have to get that fixed.