HybridZ

S30 Shell Wanted in NJ

Jersey

Hey all. I'm looking for an S30 shell with minimal rust. Unfortunately, my 240's just about unrecoverable and thinking a full swap to a cleaner chassis may be my best bet. Feel free to send me a private message with what you have and what you want.

Thanks in advance,

Jersey

Rust on drivers side is/was pretty bad. I've already replaced the passenger side floor and support rail with Zedds pieces, halfway up the firewall, under the battery box & both front frame rails already. Right now, the drivers side floor, outer rocker and dogleg are cut out. I've even got the new tabco outer rocker and dogleg to replace but the lower half of the inner rocker is wasted, and knowing how much the rocker is considered structural, i'm just hesitant in tackling. May just come down to sucking it up and doing it.

Thanks for the eyeballs out there in Idaho but i'm thinking the shipping cost from that far west would put me over what i'd like to spend.

Thanks for the replies.

and knowing how much the rocker is considered structural, i'm just hesitant in tackling. May just come down to sucking it up and doing it.

With all the work you've already done, and also taking into consideration the cost of a new shell, any work it might need, and the effort to swap everything over, I think repairing or replacing the inner rocker would be your best bet to be honest. Nothing that hasn't been done before, which is of course why there is now a guy making them. The rocker is a major structural point, but if you brace up the car a bit, to my knowledge there's no reason you shouldn't be able to repair it.

As these cars become rarer, and go up in value, this is what we're going to have to deal with, I think.