HybridZ

CXRacing vs Tech2motorsports engine mounts

Casper0878

That is good info.

I really don't think anyone will be destroying the rear differential itself save for something like a really worn bearing or some other pre-existing condition. The main benefit from changing out is the axles and elimination of rear stub axles. I've seen 800+hp cars running an R200, I suppose bumping up to the R230 couldn't hurt, but then again, you know, when is too much too much.

My ring gear is off of the Z31 non turbo and I'm running the VLSD from a J30. Looks like I have a 3.54 gear ratio matched up to my R154 now. It cruises nice, but I'm coming from a 4.11 before. I didn't really get a chance to get into it before I killed my engine. 

If I got the Q45 diff I would probably just get the whole subframe. Would be cheaper at the junkyard than to get the parts individually. Then I could have a 5 lug in the rear with the beefier axles that T3 would rebuild when I purchase their rear end conversion kit.

How do you like the R154 with the 3.54 diff?

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 4/18/2017 at 7:46 PM, Nelsonian said:

A few pics of the previous owners (Whom I bought my Tech 2 kit from) car with the cross member in, as well as my complete kit with driveshaft, and lastly more Tech 2 shop car with Engine placement and kit in..

Do you have larger pictures of the Tech 2 kit?

Thanks.

On 12/20/2018 at 3:36 PM, LooseRocks said:

Do you have larger pictures of the Tech 2 kit?

Thanks.

I only have these more recent pics of the kit as I touched up the paint when I was repainting my gas tank. I sold off the R154 trans and accompanying parts to it from the kit as I am now using a new CD009 6 spd. Hope that helps some. 

Correction: I still have the R154 trans mount from the kit as the trans was sold to someone with a 240sx who did not need it.

P1030634_IRFV.jpg

P1030638_IRFV.jpg

P1030639_IRFV.jpg

P1030640_IRFV.jpg

Edited by Nelsonian

Hi Nelsonian,

Thanks for the pictures.  From them it looks like a bolt in solution or are the bolt holes just to hold it for welding?  It looks like the engine sits further back with this mount.  Do you think that the available shifter relocation kits (serialnine, CBF, GKTech, exccessive ...) for the CD009/CD00A will allow fitment so the factory shifter location can be used.

Can you share the install instructions?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but there is little to no information on this product even on Tech2's website.

Thanks