HybridZ

Is this site dead?

madkaw

Not dead yet. I don't know if you mean literally no new content, or not much new content. The former would mean there's some sort of issue, the latter is reality. I started browsing ClassicZCars again, and it looks like they have about the same amount of activity. It's a shame, but that's the effect of FB - why anyone uses FB as a replacement for a proper forum, I'll never know. At best, it's a clusterfuck. But you can get more 'likes' on there and on Instagram.

• Like 1

He's right. FB is ok but the forum has so much searchable information it makes it superior. I check a lot of the forums for info, opinions. Can't really do that on the FB pages.

I'm grateful for those that keep these forums going, informative and fun.

Thanks to everyone that puts in time to make this site work. You are much appreciated.

So I'm not seeing the new posts everyday . I have a direct link in for 'new content' , so maybe that's the issue. I see something under new content maybe every other day ?

Hate to think everyone has resorted to FB for their Datsun fix . I don't mind the quick fix on FB, but no good discussions or projects to follow.

There's your issue - can't direct link to the "new content" button. Need to access it through the homepage.

I agree with rturbo, the faceballs is a ******* mess and is worthless for any real documentation or conversation.

• Like 1

So I'm not seeing the new posts everyday . I have a direct link in for 'new content' , so maybe that's the issue. I see something under new content maybe every other day ?

Hate to think everyone has resorted to FB for their Datsun fix . I don't mind the quick fix on FB, but no good discussions or projects to follow.

Take a look here: http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/126731-view-new-content-not-working/

As much as I hate to admit it, I have found that Instagram is actually a pretty good way to keep tabs on people's builds as a way of staying up to date - and I have found a number of things that I wouldn't have otherwise since it's not a car specific site. So it does have its place. Not so great if you want to read through a detailed build thread though, have a discussion, or search the archives for info.

I think you'll find the many things have been figured out over the years so some content areas don't see much new content.  That can all change based on new donors cars being available or someone willing to push the ball a little further up hill.

Cary

I'm still here, every day. I get a PM every once in a while, but I'm not posting much. My car has become more Summit Racing and less Datsun over the years, and I seem to have more in common with the drag racing and landspeed community than with the Datsun crowd. At the last Datsun show I attended it was obvious that nobody cared about the fastest Datsun present. I also turned 50 this year and I've become less impressed with myself and my own opinions. I sure miss John Coffey-how I would love to be able to ask him a stupid suspension setup question just to piss him off! And so sad I never made it to Huntington to meet him. But I'm still here, slowly but steadily trying to join the 200mph club at a sanctioned event in a Datsun.

I'm referring people from FB to Hybrid Z just about every day. There is so much info here, and FB is like a conversation rather than a library. You say something and it VERY quickly gets lost in the ether on FB.

I wish forums were more popular because I think they are a more functional solution to sharing info. Sometimes "progress" isn't.

Been around 16 years, no plans on leaving any time soon, sorry :) So much info has been accumulated here that naturally there is not a lot of new stuff to post about but this is still the go to site for Z advice and info. The only thing missing for me is Datsun racer stuff including good incar videos and details of generous budget builds, a lot of activity seems dominated by going the cheapest route but I guess that's a Datsun thing. No doubt the instant gratification of FB has hurt forums like this but there will always be a place for HybridZ.