HybridZ

all electronic custom dash

hey! so i am going to be making a custom dash for my 280zx that will eventually be my racecar :flamedevi but in the meantime with the stock l28e in it i have no OBD port. what i a trying to make is just a flat dash with a tablet in the middle that has all my gauges and car information. so that said anybody have any ideas on how i can do this. im semi decent at wiring and am up for the challenge. or would i have better luck just using analog gauges and wiring them in? if thats the case is there a speedometer sensor that hooks up to the standard 5 speed in place of the cable. ive done a lot of looking around and cant seem to find something that looks like it would work.

thanks for any input

I don't really understand your question here?

If your looking for a speed sender i'm quite sure the GM style electrons sender will screw onto the early nissan transmissions.

This is what you want.

Although the nissan sender threads are something like M22x1.5, it is probably close enough to thread on. 18 TPI is a bit fine. As long as it goes on well enough to seal. I only checked the threads. Definitely 1.5 TPmm. Edited by z240

• 3 weeks later...