HybridZ

Cummins 6.7 swap

CumminZ

I've had this idea since I was a little kid to put a 6.7 liter Cummins in a 240 and or 260 I just want to know if anybody thinks it can be done I wanna try to keep it fairly stock looking so no 2 feet front end extension's besides being heavy in the front end really heavy could it be done?

Like RonA, I'd be afraid that the oil pan will be scraping the ground while the valve cover is flush with the roof. The Z has a long nose and I don't think length would be as big of an issue. I remember someone was putting a GM Vortec 6 cylinder (forget what it's called now) into a S30 and if I remember right it stuck way above the hood and the oil pan was below the crossmember.

Good luck! You might be able to fit a 4BT but diesels are BIG heavy engines. I have also dreamed of a diesel classic but I was going to use an old caddy or  dodge. Your going to have a harder time than me an my dream for a V12!

You might be better off with a late 260/280. They use thicker gauge steel and will handle the torque better.

Also a heavy engine is going to destroy the weight distribution and require some front suspension upgrades.