HybridZ

500whp AWD rb25det s2 in 76 280?

On 11/9/2017 at 9:36 AM, 510sr20det said:

there are 2 RB26 AWD 240z in Japan.  Motor must be moved forward for alinement of axles.  a ton of work for little or no real gain... Great for showing off your work..

There are a lot more than that. The six or seven that I've personally seen all start with the front clip from the BNR. Uses the frame members, cross member, front support, etc. Aprons and suspension are all custom, with pipe uppers.

Old post, but to the OP, It's a ridiculous amount of work for not much gain, as the car already has fantastic traction from the get-go. I'm guessing that with the way the engine sits forward in "Skyline" position, it actually handles worse.

I did several awd swaps in many s30s very easy actually xbox 360 Forza game :) haha sorry couldn't help it!

I am not saying you cant do it and I am not against "big dreamers" / uniqueness but like what everybody said before me. Too hard and too costly unless you watched project Binky just get some angle grinders out drink lots of tea!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Sooo, I'm guessing he never got this off the ground.... Sad, as I have an S30 with dreams of doing an AWD swap. I preface this by sayig I am a Mechanical Design Engineer with tons of experience modeling. Does anyone have a good CAD file of an S30 chassis that I can use? I've designed entire race cars down to the bolts in Solidworks before and would be willing to map out/ make drawings for a project like this. Would need everyone's input on what needs to happen, however.

22 minutes ago, Woodruffhallz said:

Sooo, I'm guessing he never got this off the ground.... Sad, as I have an S30 with dreams of doing an AWD swap. I preface this by sayig I am a Mechanical Design Engineer with tons of experience modeling. Does anyone have a good CAD file of an S30 chassis that I can use? I've designed entire race cars down to the bolts in Solidworks before and would be willing to map out/ make drawings for a project like this. Would need everyone's input on what needs to happen, however.

The restoration program dimensions in this PDF might be helpful, but I'm not sure anyone has a CAD file of the whole thing ready to go. 

240ZRestorationprogram (1).pdf