HybridZ

Project Binkey

Derek

So I posted this in another thread but figured I should put it here. They are doing a AWD conversion on a Mini Cooper.  The fab work is really amazing. The video series is entertaining and really filled with a ton of great ideas.  

Derek

This is one of the greatest things I've ever seen. It's amazing how much they accomplish mostly with tools a lot of people have. Honestly almost makes me want to learn fabrication and do that. What am I doing being a music teacher? haha

• 3 weeks later...

It's worth watching just to see the rotisserie. That thing is amazing.

That rotisserie is not so hot.  Check out my one hand check out spin last week for the rotisserie I designed/built in our shop.

https://www.facebook.com/262575520591481/videos/801158750066486/

(I know it is not as nice as theirs, but humor me)

I miss measured the center of the car in the rear about 4" when building the frame holding fixture. (measure twice, weld once!).  So I couldn't quite get the side to side cg exact.  If you look close, there is a 4 cylinder crank and some steel ty-wrapped to the passenger door cage.  Otherwise if would have worked perfect.  I may re-do the fixture later.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...