HybridZ

wtb-axle companion flange for 300zxt

dave280zxt

I don't have what I think your after, but are you looking for stock companion flanges off the 300zxt or the custom companion flanges to use the 300zxt axles on the s30 chasis? Or are you looking for the axels themselves that are for the 300zxt?

JSM and Litman-  I have a 280zxt and I am installing a lsd from a '89 300zxt. I have the 4 bolt axles from the 300zxt as well.To make the outer connection do I need custom flanges or would stock 300zxt flanges work?    thanks

Edited by dave280zxt

Why do you need to install the 300zxt axles? Just install your current CV axles. They plug right in. Then post the 300zxt axles for sale here. I'm sure someone will want them.

If your set on using 300zxt axles, the 280zxt stub axles (wheel side) are 25 spline same as the 240z. I doubt the 300zx are 25 spline. Maybe ask Litman to count them. The 280z stub axles are 27 spline count. If the 300zx OEM flanges are 27 spline, you will have to source a set of stub axles from a 280z to use the 300zx flange. Also you'll want have litman measure the length of the flange to compare against the ZXT you have to make sure it all fits.

My quick google search for 300zx spline count didn't find much. If I were you, I would just use your ZXT axles and be done.

These are stub axles.

post-1881-0-43609000-1501812262_thumb.jpg

Edited by JSM

Hi JSM

Thanks for the education. I guess I wanted to install the 300zxt axles as they are  THE ones to get as they are stronger.( I rebuilt them,and painted them real pretty too.   :(    )

Edited by dave280zxt

I guess it all depends on the HP your putting down.

Let me know how it turns out. Curious to how it's all going to fit together. Seems everyone is putting them in the s30 but I can't recall anyone putting them in the s130.