HybridZ

Suspension Model 1/2 scale. Need a couple measurements.

I'm in the process of making a 1/2 scale model of the front suspension of a stock S30. I got most of the measurements I need from the chassis diagrams that are still floating around the internet, luckily, but there's still quite a few I need. I have a crude drawing, I don't have a scanner so I used my computer's camera and flashlight to get the sharpest image I could. You can see what I have and don't have (I hope), based on a 175/70/14 tire. My car was so far gone in the beginning that I couldn't take measurements if I needed too, now there's nothing left of the factory set-up...so I hoping you all can help. I can still get the length of the lower control arm so don't worry about that one, I still have my arms lying around.

So if you have a bone stock 240Z, with the 175/70/14 tires, unaltered ride height, and the time, will, and means to get me a couple numbers, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to design my own later on, but I want to have a factory model to compare it to and see how it behaves in bump, rebound, and roll. Of course when it's done I will post photos and everything here so everybody can learn from it.

post-3229-0-83427100-1501642470_thumb.jpg

PM me with an email address and phone number.  I have a lot of what you are looking for, and I have a suspension tool that I have developed for analyzing suspension modifications.  I don't mind sharing, but I will have to explain how to use it.

Dan

Thanks to 74_5.0L_Z's measurements I was able to get the pieces cut out. I took a couple photos of what I have so far. I'm going to do up the base piece with reference marks and use some white and black paint to get more contrast for photos. This was very fun to make and it's a joy to be able to move things by hand.

post-3229-0-59608200-1501994711_thumb.jpg

post-3229-0-22053400-1501994741_thumb.jpg